UEFA Champions League 2019/20

Lineker

10 hours ago, MDK said:

You joke but I think a few teams have started esports teams

I know theres a Barca/Madrid and I think Valencia have one too. 

Soon The Dog and Duck will have one. Agnelli is onto something!!! <_<

https://deadspin.com/uefas-anti-racism-protocol-was-tested-and-it-failed-1839058132

The first half was plagued with offensive demonstrations from the Bulgarian fans, most notably with sustained Nazi salutes and monkey noises. Rather that unilaterally walk off the pitch at the first instance of racism as was the team’s threat, England instead gave UEFA’s rules a chance to manage the situation. The first step of the anti-racism protocol is for the referees to pause the game when made aware of racist abuse and for the in-stadium announcer to warn the fans to stop or else the match may be suspended. Which is what happened about a half an hour in:

But the protocol’s second step is where things broke down. If the loudspeaker announcement doesn’t stop the racist abuse, the referee is then supposed to stop the match and remove the players from the field until the chants abate. Rather than go that far, these refs only briefly paused the match a second time with the players remaining on the pitch, and then resumed the action even though the chants and gestures never stopped. After deviating from the protocol’s escalation at the second step, the referees were never going to then respond with the nuclear option of suspending the match entirely, and so the match finally went into halftime with two stoppages on account of racism but no end to the racist abuse itself.

1 hour ago, Rey Cloudy said:

I DON'T KNOW HOW FOOTBALL WORKS

*confused sobbing*

You stick the goalball into the end zone net.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adam said:

An American's what?

Also, at least you tried @Rey Cloudy. We should be flattered you consider England synonymous with the word "Champions" :P.

He'll be the only one who ever does :shifty:

• Like 1

Having been banned by UEFA from attending their Champions League match with Chelsea due to causing crowd trouble at Valencia, more than 2,000 Ajax travelling fans have decided to attend Leyton Orient's Leasing.com Trophy game against Brighton U21s instead.

So, enjoy that @MDK.

Chelsea just got the benefit of an extremely fractional VAR offside decision that chalked off an Ajax goal. TBH as far as I was concerned it was effectively level and I'm happy with those standing.

Otherwise it's been a zippy little game and pretty fun to watch.