AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Spoilers in regards to the comics.

I was pretty damn sure we were going to get Maggie trying to hang herself this episode.

I think the episode would be fine if the show didn't already feel so directionless. These last two episodes where they're literally wandering aimlessly... it's boring. I wish they'd have a goal they're actually progressing on. "Let's go to Washington!" is great and all... but they never do anything about it.

This show could desperately do with a change of scenery too.

This show is going to suffer through AMC milking every nickel possible out of the show for years to come and Kirkman apparently having no real reason to end the comic any time soon. We're just about the "getting the explanation of Jack's Chinese tattoos" moment of this show where an episode was spent literally of them wandering around with no place to go.

I couldn't agree more that show needs a change of scenery, not just a new setting but something that turns the series completely upside down.

• Like 1

Just thinking off the top of my head that it would have to involve a "cure" and what the struggle to rebuild society would be and what would society would be. What would be left of any kind of government structure? Would it turn out that some people were immune to the disease and would society evolve into the carriers being segregated and what not?

This notion of finding a new setting, Rick giving a speech about building a new life and the eventual clash with the guy in charge is getting old.

• Like 1

I got through three episodes on Sunday - the first one had me kind of hopeful, the second one kind of made me go 'eh' and the third one was on the way until Darryl showed up. I'm probably going to push through and do at least season one but it's probably too serious and "ohh, it's so haaaaard" of a show for me. Which is why I'll end up watching Z Nation or something.

Last night's show was the best since the mid-season break.

I have to give the show credit. With the way they draw things out, I expected it to take multiple episodes of long conversations and even longer walks on the road for them to arrive at Alexandria.

Last night's show was the best since the mid-season break.

I have to give the show credit. With the way they draw things out, I expected it to take multiple episodes of long conversations and even longer walks on the road for them to arrive at Alexandria.

I would agree with that sentiment.

Yeah, don't look for anything light-hearted in this show. It is fucking miserable.

I figured. I might pop it in while I'm doing something else for Darryl moments but the seed planted of "you slept with my wife" and the painfully obvious ending to what that'll be just sours me on the human aspect of the show.