AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

About the last episode..

Was Gabriel even on screen once? I don't remember even seeing him in the background or huddle up with the group in the house.. I found myself thinking I missed him die at some point because I didn't see him at all. I really wanted to see more Gabriel interaction with Maggie and the others or lack thereof (but not by being completely off screen).

Edited by punky

About the last episode..

Was Gabriel even on screen once? I don't remember even seeing him in the background or huddle up with the group in the house.. I found myself thinking I missed him die at some point because I didn't see him at all. I really wanted to see more Gabriel interaction with Maggie and the others or lack thereof (but not by being completely off screen).

Good call. He's played such a minor role I had forgotten about him completely. I don't recall seeing him at all.

Odd that they switched Monroe's gender.

Carol faking that she's Suzy Homemaker is so brilliant that I now forgive them for the half-season premiere.

I liked how she pretended to be clumsy and a total noob when putting down her gun.

Carol faking that she's Suzy Homemaker is so brilliant that I now forgive them for the half-season premiere.

Quit reminding me of how terrible that was.

I really hope they stay in Alexandria permanently, the whole "find a place, settle down, get it ruined" thing is so tired after five seasons. Glenn's retort about the guy's men dying because of him was brilliant, but now I'm worried for his safety :(

You're going to be really disappointed when Alexandria is overrun in like, an episode or two. That's the whole basis of this series, I would think. There is no "safe place" anymore. It's just a matter of time.

I mean, I know the Walking Dead Money Train isn't slowing down just yet, but you'd think they'd have an end game we could start working towards?

A lot of people are going to be pretty pissed if everyone just dies in the end. I mean, I wouldn't mind it, it'd be fitting, but I think a big majority of the fanbase would prefer some degree of happy ending.

Those expecting a happy ending during the fuckin' apocalypse deserve every bit of anger and sadness they'll eventually feel when the show is over.

Unless Jesus from the Hilltop Community is actually Jesus and that's the end of the show :shifty:

• Like 2

The show ends when Rick begs him for forgiveness and Rick, Carl, Daryl and Michonne are raptured while everyone else is left to rot.

Those expecting a happy ending during the fuckin' apocalypse deserve every bit of anger and sadness they'll eventually feel when the show is over.

Nobody's expecting that, you can easily have a relative safe zone and still have drama and death, other shows manage it all the time.

To me, the end game of the show has to be Rick's death. There is no chance of everyone ending up safe and sound and even if they do end up safe and sound, as a viewer I would never accept it as the final end because the show has been built on the premise that no one is ever safe. It may end up as a cure, but I think many would be disappointed in that. To me, the end game than has to be the death of the central character.

I think what is more likely to happen is that the Walking Dead becomes like network television shows where we have spin offs. I think they are testing the water with a spin off with all new characters, but at a certain point I could see some of the characters from the show leaving the group and we follow their lives.

• Like 1

The idea of making Daryl gay was dumb. To me, you don't make a character gay simply because you get to season 5 and you realize "oh shit, we don't really have that much representation on our show, lets change that!" As a viewer, I would just think that the writing was terrible because it took 5 seasons for you to reference something quite significant about a character.

• Like 1