AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

I don't read the comics but yeah I knew Tyreese had long since died by this point. I was hoping that he'd continue on for a while because I heart Chad Coleman and since they'd passed by his comic exit, they could in theory keep him alive as long as they wanted. Also I thought there'd be some interest in eventually seeing how someone with his nature would react to the death of sasha after he'd lost Karen already. Plus I felt sasha was the most expendable character left alive and would probably be the next gone. Fair enough if she's filling in for other characters that have died/parts of still living characters personalties that aren't compatible with the tv versions of said characters, as that's something I didn't consider.

The fact Tyreese never (comic spoilers)...

... got his moment annihilating a whole herd of walkers in the gym...

... will be a constant source of disappointment to me. The only scene in the comics I wanted more that didn't happen was (again, comic spoilers)...

... when Carl kills Shane and he tells Rick "It's not like killing the dead ones, dad", and Rick responds that it's not supposed to be.

. Tyreese did get to kill a bunch of them outside a car though, didn't he?

Edited by Kirkland

Was I the only one who was more upset by Tyreese's death than Beth's? I'm not saying Beth dying wasn't a very emotional moment but I think it's like I never expected her to make it back to the group alive from pretty much the moment she went missing and I kind of made my peace with her parting long before it actually happened. Whereas with Ty you never knew when/if they might go there and especially with him going before you'd even fully dealt with Beth dying, it really made it hard to take.

The commercials for the final three episodes of a season are almost making a point out of "hey guys Gabriel and Eugene are still on the show, see?"

Re: Sasha (comic spoilers except not really comic spoilers beyond "this character was alive in the comic at this point")

They basically seem to be using her as a composite for Andrea's basic role and some Michonne-related stuff that doesn't fit the TV show version of Michonne's characterization.

Re: those comic spoilers

If they're starting to adhere more to the comics, then what role(s) is/are there for Noah? (aside from background/cannon fodder)

I don't think I can think of anyone Noah corresponds to at all, so it's going to be interesting to see what they actually do with him.

I'm not sure if I'd 100% say they're starting to adhere more to the comics so much as they've done a better job handling the balance between doing arcs from the comics and inserting stuff in between to transition in and out of them. That seems like the pattern from season 4 on; they did the outbreak of illness/disease followed by the Governor's Last Stand, they did Terminus and followed by the actual Hunters storyline from the comic, and now they've done the hospital arc followed by introducing Alexandria. It's just that with those stories there are certain plot elements that you pretty much need people to fill, so...

Going back to the previous discussion, I don't see anything wrong with Daryl being gay. I actually think it'd make a lot of sense - he's the exact type that would have been closeted/in denial his whole life. Hell, he was probably the kind of guy that went gay bashing before the outbreak. There are tons of repressed homosexuals in real life, and the lack of mention of it until now is because there hasn't been a 'trigger' for Daryl to really question himself. They're actually in a really great position to have a dominant homosexual character, but I dunno if I trust them to do it any justice. But it does make sense, at least.

• Like 1

If they're starting to adhere more to the comics, then what role(s) is/are there for Noah? (aside from background/cannon fodder)

I don't think I can think of anyone Noah corresponds to at all, so it's going to be interesting to see what they actually do with him.

I'm not sure if I'd 100% say they're starting to adhere more to the comics so much as they've done a better job handling the balance between doing arcs from the comics and inserting stuff in between to transition in and out of them. That seems like the pattern from season 4 on; they did the outbreak of illness/disease followed by the Governor's Last Stand, they did Terminus and followed by the actual Hunters storyline from the comic, and now they've done the hospital arc followed by introducing Alexandria. It's just that with those stories there are certain plot elements that you pretty much need people to fill, so...

Hasn't the actor playing Noah gotten another tv show that could conflict with walking dead? The same people who were right about Ty being the next character to be killed off are now speculating on Noah's long term future.

:(

I like the character and I kind of want him to survive or the whole Hospital arc will seem kind of a waste.

Going back to the previous discussion, I don't see anything wrong with Daryl being gay. I actually think it'd make a lot of sense - he's the exact type that would have been closeted/in denial his whole life. Hell, he was probably the kind of guy that went gay bashing before the outbreak. There are tons of repressed homosexuals in real life, and the lack of mention of it until now is because there hasn't been a 'trigger' for Daryl to really question himself. They're actually in a really great position to have a dominant homosexual character, but I dunno if I trust them to do it any justice. But it does make sense, at least.

I think the storyline of sort of repressing your feelings is good. But I think trying to tell that story in a half season when the storyline would require a much longer build up makes sense. There is a lot of things you could have done for the last several seasons if you in fact wanted Daryl to be gay. Even individuals who repress their sexuality have some manifestations of it, whether it is big or small. There has been no indication of that with Daryl. Had they decided "okay, let's start this storyline now and wrap up in season 9", that wouldn't be lazy and would show long-term commitment to the storyline. But I highly doubt that is how it would have been done on the show...

Hasn't the actor playing Noah gotten another tv show that could conflict with walking dead? The same people who were right about Ty being the next character to be killed off are now speculating on Noah's long term future.

I like the character and I kind of want him to survive or the whole Hospital arc will seem kind of a waste.

Even more so since I've only just realised he's (Everybody Hates) Chris.

Edited by Ultra Rare Colly
  • Like 2

Yeah, I think they announced it on Talking Dead last season that he has a new show.

Yeah, I think they announced it on Talking Dead last season that he has a new show.

It's a Criminal Minds spinoff co-starring Gary Sinise

Eventually, every CBS show will just be a spinoff of existing shows. I can't wait for The Big Bang Theory: Boston starring Neil Patrick Harris and Amanda Peet!

I'm sucker for punishment, so even though I read everything that happened, I have nothing after finishing off Z Nation and Kimmy Schmidt so I barreled on. Hasn't been as bad as it started out looking, to be honest I've enjoyed all of season 2 more than most people told me I would. The only thing that irks me (I mean, other than the fact that Andrea is still walking the earth) - is the group's reaction to Rick:

a) hiding the true nature of the virus to them

b) revealing to them why he killed Shane

It just doesn't come off as a way that I believe all of them would act in this regard, it just.. eh. Struck me as a way to end the season with TENSION~! that I didn't appreciate.