General Television Thread

Hellfire

The difference between Community and Parks and Rec is that Parks and Rec can win awards for NBC, and Community can't. That's basically a tiebreaker when the ratings are nearly the same.

Yeah that makes sense. Forgot Poehler is nominated every year.

I say that Community got 5 seasons out of a show that was the complete opposite of mainstream and what gets ratings these days is a huge accomplishment.

If there was ever a show that was made for a final season on Netflix where the creative team can do just whatever it wants, it's Community.

The only problem on that front is that Community has a deal with Hulu that sort of mucks the whole thing up. Of course, if Hulu wanted to make a splash into original programming and produce something that people would actually want to see...

• Like 1

So does this mean the world is going to be destroyed by an asteroid now? :(

This is the darkest timeline isn't it?

Personally I'm all about the hot new show Deadbeat, starring Tyler "Jack Black Passed on this Project" Labine.

I liked him in Reaper. I miss Reaper.

• Like 3

I'm actually watching through season 2 of Reaper and I dunno, he's a source of frustration for me there too. I mean, he's good at what he's hired to do but there's so much awesome stuff going on that "AND SOCK WANTS TO SLEEP WITH HIS SISTER IN LAW LOL" is an unhelpful distraction.

Rick Gonzalez, though. Why the fuck isn't Rick Gonzalez in more things?

I'm not too bothered by Community, it had 5 seasons. And at least two of them were pretty great. Just a shame it ended on such a lame note.

My main hope coming out of this is that the cast all find new jobs on good shows. Namely Alison Brie.