General Television Thread

Hellfire

So I just watched the first episode of Fargo and holy shit.

How in the name of god are they going to do nine more episodes of that!? Holy crap, that felt like it crammed half a movie into there (well, I guess timewise they did) and with another hour and change they could put an ending on it. I'm looking very much forward to it - and my girlfriend is watching it with me which is always a bonus. I was hoping to get her into True Detective, but this will do until the TD bluray comes out.

Edited by Greg Valensham

So I just watched the first episode of Fargo and holy shit.

How in the name of god are they going to do nine more episodes of that!? Holy crap, that felt like it crammed half a movie into there (well, I guess timewise they did) and with another hour and change they could put an ending on it. I'm looking very much forward to it - and my girlfriend is watching it with me which is always a bonus. I was hoping to get her into True Detective, but this will do until the TD bluray comes out.

That first episode was fucking wild. It cools down a bit action-wise....until this past episode at least. Still a great show all around.

Been re-watching The Sopranos again for about the hundredth time through. Only started the first season again the other night but damn I love this show still every time I watch it.

It and The Wire are two long, slow paced shows I can watch over and over again for hours. Some I have to stop after a few episodes.

Gonna get back into Seinfeld again too, got all my DVD's here. Got most of the collection.

Classics.

• Like 1

I thought three leads was confirmed for a while? Two women and one man.

Nope, just speculation based on rumors. HBO is understandably keeping a lot of the information close to the vest so unless you hear it from the creator himself or from an HBO press release, take it with a grain of salt.

RE: True Detective Season 2

When will they start shooting if they haven't even started casting yet?

I'm not sure there's really a timetable. I wouldn't expect season 2 to air until, what, summer next year at the earliest maybe? Given the show's format creating a new story from scratch takes a bit longer.

Fargo....

I'm so proud of my man Lester.

:P Turning more into a Walter White/Malvo hybrid every episode. The Fargo shootout was nicely done. Sometimes less is more.

A lot of TV shows film episodes even while the season is airing. So, they have plenty of time to cast and shoot the first few episodes before premiering in January.