General Television Thread

Hellfire

45 minutes ago, Benji said:

Well, This Is Us has intruiged me. The pilot could just been been extended into a film and have been really good. Great cast, and a promising first episode, so really interested to see what it can pull out.

It is a cool show that perhaps on occasion tries to tug at the heart strings a bit too much for my liking but for some reason I cannot look away!

Planet Earth II: Electric Boogaloo continues to be the best thing that has happened this year. The term 'National Treasure' is often overused but Sir David Attenborough truly is.

The bit with the city bird sprucing up his little home was great. Its so weird to hear Sir Dave saying "Oh look, a clothes peg! Excellent. And a shiny toy car!".

I am really done with American 'satire' right now. Because ever since the election it has been a non-stop stream of grating jokes about everything Trump, and pissing salt about how the man won the election.

I get it already, we're all shocked that the guy won, but he did, people need to get off their cross, build a bridge, and get over it. The constant Trump-bashing is getting disproportionately pathetic and only goes to put lefty America into the worst daylight possible as petty and anti-political. Whether it's SNL, Daily Show, or any other show, they really need to cut it the fuck down.

Shit might be 'prime' television, and the lowest hanging fruit there has ever been. But personally, -as a person that has a massive dislike of Trump,- I am done with the constant bashing, because it gets in the way of people realising that there's a problem in their own system that needs fixed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LarsLars said:

Soooo anyone here who watched Batman: The Animated Series recently? In what order did you guys watch the episodes because I am getting confused here.

I am personally going through it myself right now. I suggest you go with the production order. Starting with On Leather Wings, Christmas with Joker, and Nothing to Fear.

Pretty sure it is the same order that most, if not all chronologies stick with. As opposed to the original schedule that had Cat and the Claw Pt. 1 as the debut episode due to advertising Batman Forever.

• Like 3

Some sobering news in the world of television today.

Tarek El Moussa and his wife Christina, of the HGTV show Flip or Flop, are splitting up.

(On the real though, back in May there was a 911 call to their home about a possibly suicidal male with a gun.)

1 hour ago, Cloudy said:

Some sobering news in the world of television today.

Tarek El Moussa and his wife Christina, of the HGTV show Flip or Flop, are splitting up.

(On the real though, back in May there was a 911 call to their home about a possibly suicidal male with a gun.)

I think I speak for everyone here when I say "who?"

• Like 2

On 12-12-2016 at 12:45, Jasonmufc said:

I am personally going through it myself right now. I suggest you go with the production order. Starting with On Leather Wings, Christmas with Joker, and Nothing to Fear.

Pretty sure it is the same order that most, if not all chronologies stick with. As opposed to the original schedule that had Cat and the Claw Pt. 1 as the debut episode due to advertising Batman Forever.

Thanks!

16 hours ago, The Canadian Destroyer said:

Are you watching Season 4?

I legit just finished season 1, so I am far far behind. I saw your post and decided to pick it up. 

3 hours ago, RPS said:

I legit just finished season 1, so I am far far behind. I saw your post and decided to pick it up. 

For some reason I remember you talking about how good it was a while ago, but maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Either way, the show is great. I feel like it tackles some issues in a pretty real way. Josh's sense of humor is great.