General boxing thread

EddieG

Plus you need a Sky subscription in the first place. And I doubt commercial venues pay as much over there as they do here. Groves/Froch II was 285+VAT IIRC.

Also: go Josh Warrington, the German crowd must have been confused as fuck hearing chants of "We're Leeds United, we'll never be defeated. And if defeated, we'll kick your fucking heads in" in the middle of a boxing match :lol:

I don't follow boxing enough to pay to watch it.

I've always maintained that I'd rather pay money for a WWE PPV than boxing, because often, the Main Event is all that matters, and it could be over in seconds.

Granted, my argument doesn't hold up too well lately, judging by the quality of recent PPV events.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a serious gap in class there. Very good job from Brook, but I'll be interested to see who he can get in his next fight. He's been pushing for a bout with the winner of Mayweather/Pacquiao, but that's almost certainly just posturing, and he's just called out Amir Khan again, who's also looking to fight Mayweather or Pacquiao. The latter fight is much more likely, but I wonder if Khan might end up looking for a big money match first.

• 1 month later...