General Gaming Thread

TKz

Five Nights At Freddy's: Sister Location is out now on Steam. It's priced at $6.79, on a 15% discount. Earlier this week the developer said he planned on shelving the game because it was "too dark", but that turned out to be a promotional tactic. Gameplay's less like the other FNAF games - instead of the survival aspect (keeping animatronics at bay, etc.) the player has to do objectives each night. They're guided through the game by an instructional AI, but at the same time, an animatronic named Circus Baby gives the player conflicting information on how to survive each night. From what I've read, it's not got as many jump scares as the other games, but it's still getting good reviews so far.

Mafia III is for sure scratching my Godfather itch - I missed the 'taking over a city' aspect of those games that I never really feel was done right in any other series. The setting and atmosphere is down right awesome too. For some reason in most games I never really used the "bring a person to sell you ammo" or "bring a new car" to you, I'd just grab a new car and roll.. but in this game I find myself doing that a lot and also walking to objectives quite a bit.

Edited by apsham

On 10/8/2016 at 13:40, Baddar said:

Only played an hour or so, so haven't unlocked the open world aspect as such yet. What's the side stuff like, @apsham? Is there plenty to do outside of the main story missions?

There's a lot of stuff leading up to the main story missions - in the sense that you have to unlock the ability to face the bosses by taking down their side businesses. Varied enough since what you're doing to disrupt them depends on the business that they're running - and then after the fact you can do things to increase the business' take.

Gawd, I forgot how much I loved Last of Us MP. Now I'm back in the groove it has reminded me why it is my favourite, it especially rewards buddying up and working together too, so it's not just people with kills who get all the points, meaning you get way less people going gung-ho and ruining it for their team.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Gawd, I forgot how much I loved Last of Us MP. Now I'm back in the groove it has reminded me why it is my favourite, it especially rewards buddying up and working together too, so it's not just people with kills who get all the points, meaning you get way less people going gung-ho and ruining it for their team.

Will you be playing around 8:30 EST?!

18 hours ago, Jericode said:

@New Damage Get a mic/headset and join the party, shouting verbal abuse at your constant winning doesn't have the same effect if you can't hear it :P 

Unfortunately my flat mate had just gone to bed :/

I can't remember who it was, but someone was a right knobber for intentionally pushing me off the track. That was not a good time.

Anyone play 20XX? It's an indie homage to old school Megaman. Noticably more forgiving (pitfalls only do damage instead of outright kill) but the level design is excellent and the boss battles are fun.

If they added personalities to the bosses it'd be everything MN9 should have been.