European Football Thread

IAceI

Just sitting down to watch the delayed Madrid derby.

Reckon Real are going to walk this, Casillas is due a blinding performance.

• Like 3

Portuguese Results today just one match in Liga Nós (Yes new sponsor)

Porto beating Moreirense 2-0. Goals by Jackson Martinez (16 goals in 20 Matches man this guy is amazing hope to see him in a better League soon partially because I get scared everytime he plays Benfica) and Brazilian Casemiro.

Moreirense once again showing nice Football but Porto is just better. Just gonna say Moreirense is one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the mid-table. Well tomorrow we have a Lisbon derby the big one Sporting Lisbon - SL Benfica. Great match of course I hope for a Benfica win but we will see.

The fact the supposed better teams in the weekend derbys apart from Juventus won makes me a bit nervous. Especially the 4-0 win by Atlético (Good goal by Tiago) on Real. Barça really must take advantage or they will be looking as fools.

A last word for Málaga shame on them a 4-1 loss against Levante?! Come on guys! I guess David Barral must be congratulated on a Hat-Trick!

Another Portuguese Goal today by young Rony Lopes (City fans you got a good Striker for the future I am glad you are letting him rotate in another good team) in the 2-1 away win against Montpellier.

Wolfsburg still second with a 3-0 win against Hoffenheim should be an interesting showdown in two weeks with Sporting for the Europa League (I personally think Sporting won't pass by Wolfsburg) Vieirinha as a Right Back is an interesting adaptation.

What a crappy exhibition by Benfica. We still somehow managed a 1-1 draw with Sporting.

Now that was incredible.

How has Nani been at Sporting? Are the rumours in Portugal saying they'll sign him permanently in the summer or that he'll be back at United/go elsewhere?

Not the one that got asked the question, but I'll take it... Nani has been playing really well for most of the season, and Sporting have depended greatly on his ability to get something out of nowhere. Tonight he was nowhere to be seen, during the whole match, but it was a very tactic game, with some very high pressure at midfield.

But yeah, how we managed to get a draw out of all that nonsense we did for most of the match... Goes to show how uninspiring was Sporting's performance too.

• Admin
The Spanish and Portuguese professional soccer leagues have filed a legal challenge over Fifa's decision to ban third-party ownership (TPO) of players. Fifa president Sepp Blatter announced last year that football's world governing body had agreed to ban TPO, when the transfer rights of players are wholly or partially owned by a footballer or a company instead of a club.

In good news for Stoker and Chelsea, PSG ended their game with 9 men after 4 players (Lucas Moura, Yohan Cabaye, Marquinhos and Serge Aurier) were injured, they were 2-0 with two minutes to go and ended up drawing 2-2 with Caen.

I didn't see the circumstances so just assumed that bringing Luiz on when 2-0 up was their downfall.

• Like 1