Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$135mil opening weekend, and we still have today and tomorrow in the extended weekend. This is amazing. It's also the biggest R-Rated opening ever, biggest February weekend opening and the biggest President's day holiday weekend opening. It's probably going to rake in closer to $150mil come Tuesday.

Since I work at a movie theatre, I got to see it last Wednesday at an employee screening. Let me tell you...DEADPOOL IS FUCKING AWESOME! So glad a sequel was already been greenlit. Great movie, funny as hell...Reynolds nailed it as Deadpool, everyone else nailed their parts. Only problem I had was how Colossus was portrayed, but that was probably because of the changed timeline in the X-Men Universe.

• Like 1

Deadpool was excellent - there was no question in my mind that Reynolds absolutely nailed the character with the perfect voice and everything. I was super into all the characterizations. I wasn't expecting how much of a 

Lover story / happy ending there was

But I didn't mind it, I was only scared that people would react negatively to it.

Working on the Legends of Tomorrow pilot. It's super-uneven but I desperately want a Thea Queen/Sara Lance hangout episode of Arrow that's basically "Broad City FIGHTS CRIME."

Guardians2_SOP_Image.jpg

AHHHH BABY GROOT

Also, Kurt Russell and Pom Klementieff have officially joined the cast. No word on Russell's character, Klementieff is playing Mantis. Variety's reporting that he'll be playing Star-Lord's father, but Marvel hasn't officially said anything yet iirc.

• Like 2

I've decided to get into Flash and I'm really loving it. Arrow completely lost me half way through season 3 but watching Flash from the start, it's just so much more fun and no flashbacks that seem to be made up on the fly

Yeah I'm fighting my way through season 1 of Arrow after watching Flash and it's a right slog. The characters in Flash are likeable, the overarching story keeps moving and it's actually fun. I shall persevere.

Yeah, watching them out of sequence like that is always going to be a problem. I sort of view early Arrow as being the necessary fledgling steps towards a world with superheroes; of course he would start out as a grimdark vigilante type, of course the early villains would mostly be mobsters and mercenaries, but that doesn't mean it's not sort of a slog.

(Season 3 is its own, different type of failure, mind.)

10 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Yeah, watching them out of sequence like that is always going to be a problem. I sort of view early Arrow as being the necessary fledgling steps towards a world with superheroes; of course he would start out as a grimdark vigilante type, of course the early villains would mostly be mobsters and mercenaries, but that doesn't mean it's not sort of a slog.

(Season 3 is its own, different type of failure, mind.)

I'm currently slogging through season 3 of Arrow, and my biggest problem is that the main story DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGS along for ages without any sort of resolution, and at the same time it throws even more melodramatic shit on top of that plot just to make sure that it wasn't obvious enough that everyone is having feels.

Then they go with red herrings here and there to prolong it even longer, and you pretty much get excited when the cross-over happens because it's absolutely refreshing to see them step away from the angsty shit for a moment.

The last episode i've seen is 'The Climb' with the 'cliffhanger' that isn't really a cliffhanger since it doesn't take a genius to know where the plot will go. But right now i'm already hoping that there's some sort of light at the end of this season's tunnel of averageness. (Also, Ray Palmer and the Felicity storyline is a massive poochie)

I compare it to the post-lucifer seasons of Supernatural, where they were too busy devoting an entire season to somehow writing an even bigger opponent than the anti-christ himself, and at the same time returning back to the angsty 'wah wah, I want a normal life' crap that nobody wanted before.

It's just very hard as a viewer to be motivated to continue. Hopefully Arrow Season 4 is more like Season 2 rather than 3, I hope?

Season 4 is a major improvement, though where I'm at they seem to be veering back to Nanda Parbat and ugh, no.

I think what sums up season 3 more than anything is that Felicity, the comic relief, spends like 80% of it crying. It got so bad that Emily Bett Rickards actually commented on how she was hoping to do less of that in season 4. The flashbacks were awful and super-padded, and too much of the season hinges on flat performances ('sup Amanda Waller and Ra's al Ghul).

Waller as a whole I just can't buy into that she's a heartless anything-goes leader of a shady goverment organization that revels in torture and doing whatever it takes for the greater good. She just has zero 'gravitas' in her performance and she just does nothing for me as a viewer. She just lacks any conviction in her acting which means every scene she's in falls just flat on it's face and never really conveys the seriousness of what's going on. E.g. Flashback-Ollie failing to prevent a terrorist attack