2013 MLB Season Thread

The Buscher

I'm excited to see a team like the Blue Jays making moves to become contenders, but they really haven't looked good to start out with. Watching the Tigers here in Michigan is a blast because they usually always kick ass (Prince is a fucking boss, exclamation point) and I can't wait to go see them at Comercia once the weather cheers up. My Indians are looking like how they should at this point, but it's gonna be another tough year. One comment I really want to make is, what's with these scores so far this year. I swear every game is like an 11-2 box score. It's crazy.

It's hard to judge the Blue Jays based on a half-month of games. There were a lot of additions to the lineup, and it's going to take some time before everyone gels together properly.

If we hit the halfway point of the season and we're not in contention for first in the AL East, then it's time to look at things and see what needs fixing. But for the time being, you just have to let them play through it and become a team together. The skill is there, but it wouldn't be the first time that skill failed to breed success.

The Mets scored 16 runs last night, so naturally they're running a completely different lineup out there today.

Sometimes it's very difficult to be supportive of Terry Collins.

I checked this to figure out why. Last night they played a right-handed starter, and today they're paying against a lefty. Collins, and any manager, would use a different lineup today.

Also, Jose Reyes is out 1-3 months.

• Like 1

The Mets scored 16 runs last night, so naturally they're running a completely different lineup out there today.

Sometimes it's very difficult to be supportive of Terry Collins.

I checked this to figure out why. Last night they played a right-handed starter, and today they're paying against a lefty. Collins, and any manager, would use a different lineup today.

Also, Jose Reyes is out 1-3 months.

Not every team runs a totally different lineup out there just because a lefty is pitching. Murphy, Davis, and Duda are all still playing despite batting lefty, he just messed up the order. Benching Valdespin when he's clearly the best outfielder they have is a dumb decision any way you slice it. Collins has been known to overmanage during his first few years with the team. Play the best players.

Fortunately they're winning right now. Harvey is the man.

I could kind of understand if it happened the other way around because of LA and the genuine problem with gang colours at the ballpark, but this is pathetic. If the Jays were to do that they'd break the bank giving out free merch every time the Yankees come to town.

I don't find the whole team colours thing that absurd. It's not like they haven't given them an opportunity to change what they're doing or getting seats that would be just as good. The team would rather not have the fans that are going to be on the screen for almost all of the ball game to be cheering for the other team. It makes sense.

I don't find the whole team colours thing that absurd. It's not like they haven't given them an opportunity to change what they're doing or getting seats that would be just as good. The team would rather not have the fans that are going to be on the screen for almost all of the ball game to be cheering for the other team. It makes sense.

Then they shouldn't have taken their $3500 per ticket then

• Like 1

Game 2 of the Mets double header yesterday was a cold dose of reality that, despite still being over .500, they're just not a very good team.

They only have 2 starting pitchers worth a shit, their bullpen is horrible and blew a 6 run lead, and Ruben Tejada, who was meant to be their best defensive player, literally threw a game away with his 6th error of the season already.