The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I have now received three friend requests and I would totally accept them if I knew how. I go into notifications, click on friend requests and it says 'there are no players' and tells me something about the smartphone app.

Da fuq?

It did that with EddieG's friend request yesterday, got rid of said friend request, then it showed up fine today and I accepted it. Just a weird technical hiccup, I guess. o_O

Okay. So Destiny. I like it a lot. I don't know if it was low expectation, not being a fan of COD/Halo, middling reviews or just because of how downright beautiful it is but it's a whole heap of fun. I've only played the first mission and danced around the tower so far, purely because I kinda wanna play it with people because hey, that's what it's made for. If anyone's down for that then yeah, hit me up and junk.

Last of Us is also gorgeous but I'm struggling a bit to get into it after a couple hours playtime. I think it's purely because of how hyped up it was because it plays really well and there's obviously a lot of thought that's gone into the story. I'll try harder tomorrow.

Oddworld is everything I remembered and more. Really hoping they do the same with Exodus because man, it's a whole buttload of fun.

Highlight so far though is being able to watch the WWE network on my TV instead of my phone. Can't put a price on that one.

Is Destiny basically online only then? Like I know it's meant to be co op stuff but can you not play solo like borderlands too?

And the Last Of Us is fantastic through and through. The gameplay is a little basic but everything else is amazing.

I think by the strictest definition, it might be online only, as in you need to be connected to Live/PSN to play it but you can do so solo, you'll just see other people running about. Then, as you go deeper into some missions, it'll separate you from everyone so it's only you dealing with those enemies.

Though, there are some missions, the 'strikes' and 'raids' that you need to be in a group to do. Well, the strikes will match you up with randoms if you're on your own but the raids don't, you have to be in a group you've arranged yourself.

I hope Alien Isolation is good, but I have concerns because it's an Alien game, and it's made by Sega. Certainly looks good, but I feel like even if it's fantastic there won't be enough to it to merit $60.

I hope Alien Isolation is good, but I have concerns because it's an Alien game, and it's made by Sega. Certainly looks good, but I feel like even if it's fantastic there won't be enough to it to merit $60.

It was better than I thought it would be when I played it at EGX - it had a good atmosphere, an authentic soundtrack and it made me jump once. :lol: