Meacxico    21,808

It's out! I'm downloading it now. Probably won't play it until the morning. Woo hoo!

I'll be carrying over my guy from MLB 14, that I carried over to MLB 15, but I am interested in the whole new scouting thing, so I'll probably create a closer or someone new to play with. Fingers crossed they fixed the online, so I don't have to share-play with my chums like last year.

• Like 2

The Banshee Fork    4,959

I need to tell myself that I don't need this game. I bought 15 and never played it much but I tend to get the new hockey and baseball game each year.

Cactus Drags    779

I didn't bother with 15 as I got 14 and barely played it, but I want to support Sony's continued decision to release in the UK, think it's great as there's no physical release. And £40 isn't a bad price. Has much changed over the past two years? 

Toe    841

I'm going to spend my lunch time from work going out and getting the game. I'm pretty excited, despite not paying attention to any of the new features or anything.

Busch Luck Fale    8,139

I was going to give it a skip this year (not because it didn't sound good but because I played MLB 15 far less than I would have liked) but knowing the Mets will actually be boss in this game without needing to fiddle the ratings and giving us a workaround to add custom music to the game through PS4 sold me.  Especially since I only paid like $13 or so after cashing in on some Christmas gift cards I couldn't figure out what to do with.

An authentic Noah Syndergaard coming up to the Game of Thrones theme like in real life :D

Toe    841

Got the game - now I just need to finish work at 5, and drive home for 90 minutes, then wait for the game to install! 

KevinStorm    593

I just recently picked up 15 again and I really want 16, but this is the part of the year where I start to become broke.

Busch Luck Fale    8,139

I love that the batting camera goes from foul-line to foul-line now.  It's a small touch but it just looks great.

I never seem to get deep enough into franchise to warrant carrying my saves over so I'll be starting anew.  I will wait until the Operation Sports' Full Minor League rosters are out, probably will take a couple of weeks.  In the meantime I'll probably start a new RTTS since the idea of being in the minor leagues with a bunch of fake players doesn't bother me.

Also Operation Sports have already posted ZIP folders (one for each team) containing the walk-up music for just about every player in the league as well as team-specific songs, etc.  Saves a lot of hassle of manually downloading MP3s off of YouTube or something.  

• Like 2

Meacxico    21,808

Where would we be without Operation Sports? That's awesome.

And yeah, I'm going to be playing RTTS until their rosters come out. Having the real life minor leaguers makes franchise a billion times more fun.

My carry-over from '14/'15 is a center fielder, so I decided to go with a catcher in this one. So far I'm hitting over .400 with 13 jacks in my first two months of Double-A. I like that I've not been called up yet. I feel like in last games, if I was doing well for a month, I'd get called up to Triple-A almost immediately. It probably helps that I got drafted by the Tigers and they have three catchers in the bigs. I suppose they aren't in any rush to call up an 18-year old that could just be a flash-in-the-pan. 

• Like 1

Busch Luck Fale    8,139

Yeah Operation Sports does such great work.  I doubt I'll download every teams' songs but I will make sure I have all of the Mets stuff in the game and probably my division rivals' songs too because I'll play in their buildings a ton.

I think the only time I ever even made it to the big leagues in RTTS was a few years ago.  I was a closer in the minor leagues and wound up being traded to Boston and debuting with them as a middle reliever.  But it just feels like every year I wind up eventually getting sucked in to franchise and losing focus of my RTTS.  Last year I was a left fielder for Texas and got promoted to Triple A straight away.  Was tearing the cover off the ball but committing errors at every turn as I invested no points at all into fielding or speed.  I think my goal was to see if the game would naturally make me a DH but I never stuck with it long enough.

Maxx    17,128

Definitely buying it (thanks Meacon!) to help justify my continued ownership of a PS4, but not for at least a week or two.  OOTP17 has me covered for a baseball game at the moment.

Toe    841

Good way to start my franchise - Two huge home runs by Edwin Encarnacion. Felt great too, because I pulled the pitches down the line both times on purpose. 

• Like 1

Bobfoc    4,208

How's the difficulty this year? I haven't played since 14, but I thought that was more or less ideal for my level.

Busch Luck Fale    8,139

Dynamic difficulty is still available, so the game will basically adjust to how good/bad you are the more you play.

I usually reach the point where I'm cruising on the mound but then end up hitting a wall because I always try to get strike 1 and I'll give up like 4 first-pitch hits in a row.

Toe    841

My biggest pet peeve in the game is facing pitchers with sloooooow pitching mechanics. They slow the game down so much. I'll try to take an early walk or a quick hit, just to get them out of the wind-up.

• Like 1

Bobfoc    4,208

I've read that this year's PS4 version has the custom music feature that previous current-gen versions lacked. I'm quite tempted to pick this up, although the download would take me days.

• Like 1

Busch Luck Fale    8,139

Started my RTTS as a closer since I figured that would be the quickest possible way to the majors as I wait for the OSFM rosters so I can do franchise.  Gave myself a fastball, cutter, and screwball.  Dumped the max number of points into velocity and the rest into control.  Then I get to the prospect showcase and find I'm throwing nearly 100 MPH heat with pinpoint control of the screwball.  Ended up getting drafted to Arizona in the first.

Pro:  They have an old closer who is also one of the lowest rated in the league
Con:  Once I debut I'll have to pitch in those hideous new uniforms for 6 years

• Like 1

metalman    15,086
On 30/03/2016 at 15:13, Buschan Danielson said:

I think the only time I ever even made it to the big leagues in RTTS was a few years ago.

I've never even made it out of AA.

But I'm dreadful though.

• Like 2

Trey    71

So after a couple weeks do you guys think this is a buy or should I just get last year's game and hold off on a new one for next year? 

Meacxico    21,808

If you're not hardcore about it, you can get last year's.

That said, I don't regret getting this year's.

Cactus Drags    779

I was looking forward to trying the diamond dynasty mode, but it seems way more convoluted than the ultimate team modes I'm used to. How do you use equipment cards and stadiums? What's the best way to set your lineup? I used the automatic setting but it kept putting center fielders in left field and things like that. 

Toe    841

I'm enjoying the game. The change to the camera has been pretty good for me - I usually have to mess with sliders to get everything where I want it, but I didn't have to in this version of the game. I was able to draw a walk in one of the my first at-bats, and that's usually the toughest thing for me to do.

You'd have to be pretty hardcore to notice the animation changes and updated graphics, but I really appreciate them. If you're more of a casual player, I'd stick to last year's game if you have it already.

Busch Luck Fale    8,139

Only took until my second year to get called up the Majors, and I'm now a 19-year old closer for Arizona.  That's a quicker turnaround than even I was expecting but to be fair Ziegler retired and they didn't acquire a suitable replacement.  They used some made up closer for the first month and a half and called me up in mid-May, which I thought was a nice touch as a lot of teams wait until then to call up guys because of the Super 2 arbitration deadline.

I've added all of the music for the Mets, the other NL East teams, and any other team they visit in the first two months of the season.  Still just waiting for the OSFM rosters to drop.  I imagine within a week they should be out and then I can get myself hooked on franchise.