Carabao Cup 2017/18

Lineker

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

If they gave a CL spot to the winner of this it would make this pointless competition interesting.

Just for how surreal it would be to hear a manager asked "with regards to CL qualification, will you be prioritising the Carabao Cup or the Europa League?" and give a serious answer.

Would kind of screw over the FA Cup though. :shifty: 

Just now, stokeriño said:

Just for how surreal it would be to hear a manager asked "with regards to CL qualification, will you be prioritising the Carabao Cup or the Europa League?" and give a serious answer.

Would kind of screw over the FA Cup though. :shifty: 

And a CL place for the winners of the FA Cup as well >_>

At least that way you'd have three legit champions from England in Europe.

Oh and maybe for the LDV Vans Trophy or whatever it is called now.

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

I had blissfully forgotten that this cup now had this shitty sponsor until I saw this thread pop back up. <_< 

Aren't they also sponsoring Chelsea's training gear or something or did I imagine that? 

3 hours ago, MDK said:

And a CL place for the winners of the FA Cup as well >_>

At least that way you'd have three legit champions from England in Europe.

Oh and maybe for the LDV Vans Trophy or whatever it is called now.

1 CL place for the FA Cup Winner

1 CL Place for the League Cup winner

1 CL Place for the LDV Vans/Johnstone's Paint Trophy Thing

1 CL Place for FA Trophy

Sorted. :shifty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Liverpool need something to compete for.

Shouldn't you be posting in the FA Trophy thread or something... :shifty:

Also calling the competition pointless is daft. Considering teams put out weakened squads in the FA Cup so that argument I feel is invalid. 

Got some good memories of the League Cup. 

• Like 2

This is the best domestic cup. :pervert:

Seriously though, with the League looking like something we could actually fight for this season, and being back in the CL, I can't see Mourinho taking this as seriously as last season unless we get to the quarters with the youngsters/players he wants to give game time to.

Expecting Romero to come in for De Gea tomorrow as there's no Europa games for him to play in now, and Luke Shaw is expected to play as well. Glad to have him back, just hope he hits some form. Carrick hasn't kicked a ball so he'll play, expecting Herrera beside him. Lingard and Tony will probably start as well, with the likes of McTominay and Demi Mitchell potentially being thrown in somewhere.

It's a fun competition when you've got the squad to handle it. I'll be watching the Leicester-Liverpool game later.

22 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Wanting to get rid of or change this and the FA cup is just short sighted and not giving a shit about any teams below the Championship whatsoever.

Or Premier League teams that never win anything. :crying: 

• Like 1