WWE 2K18

Kyle

Oh sure it's still better. Like I said I am embracing the fuck ups this year. Like I imagined Byron telling the Mojo joke over and over thinking the other 2 hadn't heard it and hoping they would laugh. "Boy he sure did lose his Mojo! Eh Corey? Get it? His Mojo! Because his name is Mojo" "Shut up Byron"

I am making my own fun :P 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Oh sure it's still better. Like I said I am embracing the fuck ups this year. Like I imagined Byron telling the Mojo joke over and over thinking the other 2 hadn't heard it and hoping they would laugh. "Boy he sure did lose his Mojo! Eh Corey? Get it? His Mojo! Because his name is Mojo" "Shut up Byron"

I am making my own fun :P 

Not even kidding, reading all these funny posts in this thread is making me want to buy the game when I didn't much before :lol: 

Did the deluxe edition come with any SuperCard stuff or did only the Cena edition get that?

He wins by DQ. For whatever reason the game must have registered him as Randy's opponent.

3 hours ago, Lint said:

While it is a well written article and I agree that the WWE games have been shit for a long time I disagree with the notion that the games of the current series were always bad that Bixenspan seems to have. SD2 for the PSX was a fine game (except for the loading times) and HctP was amazing. The first two SvR games and SYM were lots of fun as well. I also disagree with the idea that faster , more arcade-y gameplay = bad wrestling game.

And the No Mercy/WM2000 circle jerk in the comments is ridiculous.  

• Like 1

HCTP was an amazing wrestling game built off the same skeleton. These newer games need to be that but modernized. They try for that but always fall short with boring modes and bugs out the ass. If they could fix those issues the games would be fine.

• Like 2

Remember how in those games you would attack someone mid transition and they'd just flop flat to the mat? When that changed and started to move to more simulation around SVR is when things started to go this direction. 

Discreet animations for everything, you can only do X if you have Y ability. It started out okay - yeah, Rey Mysterio probably can't lift the Big Show but now I can't leave the HIAC because my character doesn't know how apparently. 

At least for a while we had WWE Allstars for something on the side. They'd benefit greatly from a game like that now. But mobile has taken over that kind of stuff, and even Fire Pro is there only alternative and it's simulation based as well.

• Like 1

I think the rise in development and publication costs has made a difference, at least in the main retail section of the industry. Before Smackdown vs Raw 2007, all the major consoles had their own exclusive WWE games, but I think it's now considered too financially risky a business tactic to invest in three different games a year. I'd be keen to see a download-only budget game on the digital distribution platforms, though. Something like the NFL Blitz reboot in 2012 would be nice.

Operation Sports have come out with an attribute guide which makes full use of the rating system, as opposed to 2k's lazy ratings which are overinflated and only assigned in increments of 5.  It does a great job of actually making everyone play more like their real life counterparts, and it gives you a greater chance of having realistic sim results along with competitive matches from guys of similar levels.  The spreadsheet includes basically everyone currently in WWE including people not in the game so you can sync up your CAWs, and they're working on getting all of the legends synced up too.

As it says though, don't be blinded by the overall ratings.  80 is essentially the new 100, but the bulk of the main WWE roster fall within 40-60.  It's the actual attribute ratings that set them apart.

The downside of course is that it takes ages to update everyone, but you could always update as you play along in Universe and only edit people as they come up in matches.

• Like 1

* Don't get into, " How is ____ 3 points higher than ____." Look at tiers. If two wrestlers are within 3-4 points of eachother, that really isn't that much of a differential since we are in fact using the entire scale.

I see they've been to the TEWR section before...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1