MLB 2019

The Buscher

Dom Smith spent two months working his ass off in rehab just to get back for a meaningless final series for the Mets.  He doesn’t get used on Friday or Saturday and looks like he won’t end up getting to play at all.

Instead the game goes extras, he enters in the 11th inning.  With 2 outs and the team down by 2 runs, and he hits a 3-run walkoff home run to end the season. :crying:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

John Henry is in investments is he not? Probably just preparing for the upcoming recession. I seem to recall he got really cheap after 2008 too.

There's also that time the Red Sox dumped Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Josh Beckett on the Dodgers 

Edited by Lowerdeck

7 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

There's also that time the Red Sox dumped Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, and Josh Beckett on the Dodgers 

Still one of the wilder salary dump trades, and then the Red Sox went and won the World Series with a team of spare parts. For the team with the most World Series won this century it's wild they've done it with essentially 4 totally different teams.

Yeah the Angels clearly want him back, and the prospect of managing the best player in the world has to be tempting.  That said, Padres would give him the closest situation to when he joined the Cubs in terms of having an amazing farm system trickling up to the big leagues.  Mets and Phillies could be interested if they move on from their managers but not sure either situation would be better for him.

As much as I think Mickey Callaway is a dreadful in-game manager, I'm not sure they fire him after an 86 win campaign unless Joe Girardi's already told them he'd come in.

The fact that they insisted on spending a ton of money and not once looked towards Dallas Keuchel is just pathetic. They don't have too much coming up through the farm system either. Don't put it past a team with that kind of lineup to succeed with some random free agent starters having career years at some point, but it's hard to see them being regular contenders with the way the pitching looks now and for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

I called Philly being butt in spring training. They put together a hell of a lineup, but as I assumed, their pitching was terrible. That’s failure on ownership and the general manager.

And listening to radio I kept hearing people ignoring Keuchel as well which I was puzzled about so much. Wouldnt have been auto World Series contenders but you have to believe probably would have neared playoffs better

1 hour ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

And listening to radio I kept hearing people ignoring Keuchel as well which I was puzzled about so much. Wouldnt have been auto World Series contenders but you have to believe probably would have neared playoffs better

If they had Keuchel and Nola it would have made making a July pitching addition a lot easier. Instead of being able to go for one of the (many) 3 & 4 starters who were available they were backed into a corner with zero negotiation leverage.

Postseason game in Washington and the bullpen blows a late lead, except this time it's not the Nats bullpen.

Just now, Trent Buschetta said:

Was talking about the game with a friend and I called Hader blowing it as soon as he came the game.  He just cost the Brewers a chance at the division three nights ago.

He's a great reliever but he shouldn't be in save situations. I know he's kinda there out of necessity but still.