MLB 2019

The Buscher

CC Sabathia's been pitching with a bum right knee all year and it appears to have just given out on him.  Had to be removed from the game and limp off the field with the trainer.  Got a standing ovation from the fans and both teams as everyone realizes that even if the Yankees mount a series comeback, he's almost certainly not going to be able to participate any further.

Unbelievably shitty way to end such a great career, yet it's also probably fitting that he fought through injuries right up until the very end.  Dude was a warrior.

2 hours ago, Taxation is Theft said:

Why do people hate the Cardinals when by all accounts they do things the right way?

Because people are sick of them being either in the playoffs or at least in contention every year? I'd love it if the Braves and Cardinals had a couple of bad years. (Correction: A couple bad years for the Cardinals, a bad decade for the Braves!)

2 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

CC Sabathia's been pitching with a bum right knee all year and it appears to have just given out on him.  Had to be removed from the game and limp off the field with the trainer.  Got a standing ovation from the fans and both teams as everyone realizes that even if the Yankees mount a series comeback, he's almost certainly not going to be able to participate any further.

Unbelievably shitty way to end such a great career, yet it's also probably fitting that he fought through injuries right up until the very end.  Dude was a warrior.

As much as I hate the Yankees, that is a bad way for someone to leave a game. An even worse way to end a career.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taxation is Theft said:

Why do people hate the Cardinals when by all accounts they do things the right way?

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Because people hate what they can’t have. 

Since I don't feel like this post applied to me, I can give you the full, unadulterated truth of why people don't like the Cardinals.

When you go around telling people you do things 'the right way', it's really annoying. Also, the rest of the teams in their division hate them because their front offices/ownership pretty much all suck or they're the Cubs and thus cursed to being loveable losers (even after the title), and the Cards have been, at worst, competent.

I, personally, hate them because they knocked the Dodgers out of the playoffs a lot (or what seemed like a lot). I don't even really hate them, I just don't want to see them in the playoffs because some bullshit always happens. Which is probably more on the Dodgers because some bullshit is always happening in Dodgers playoff series and it's a coin flip which team it's good for.

Edit: also they're like Boston fans with none of the charm. 

• Like 2

The Cardinals are fucking awful. They are Tim Tebow in baseball organization form. They are a church casserole made out of cream of mushroom soup and Minute Rice. They are a horrible family staring at a Norman Rockwell painting of itself. It's no coincidence that sabermetric punching bag David Eckstein spent a few years playing for the Cardinals, because no team in any sport puffs up its grittiness credentials quite like this one.

I don't trust any fanbase that brands itself as being the Best Fans In Baseball, nor do I trust any organization that has a Way named after it. 

The Cardinals are a giant sucking red hole of good old-fashioned Midwestern piousness, with a fanbase that does "classy" things specifically so that it can humblebrag about doing classy things. Look at this horrible head-patting from Post-Dispatch writer Bernie Milaskrzyzewski:

It was all too much for the Pirates, who are talented, tenacious and endearing. They are poised to stalk the Cardinals as a worthy rival for the foreseeable future, but most teams need postseason scar tissue — the kind that forms in the pain of defeat — to evolve into champions. This experience will only make the Pirates stronger going forward.

I think that covers it pretty well. <_<

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Taxation is Theft said:

Ah. So the Cardinals Way is the same thing as the Steelers Way. I get it now. Thanks, all.

2 hours ago, DMN said:

Nah, the Steelers aren't anywhere near as bad as the Cards.

Maybe The Patriot Way is closer to the Cards

13 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yeah that 'check swing' was bullsheet. 

No harm no foul, though. Come on bats. Now or never. 

It's now.