MLB 2019

The Buscher

9 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Definitely won't see an Orioles title now. This is now a Nationals market and when the lease is up on Camden Yards in 2 years they'll pack up and go somewhere giving them a new stadium and an exclusive market.

Nah mate this is a long-burn storyline ORIOLES 2020 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS :w00t:

:(

9 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Definitely won't see an Orioles title now. This is now a Nationals market and when the lease is up on Camden Yards in 2 years they'll pack up and go somewhere giving them a new stadium and an exclusive market.

It seems unfathomable that the Orioles would leave Baltimore, since Camden Yards isn't even 30 years old.

6 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

It seems unfathomable that the Orioles would leave Baltimore, since Camden Yards isn't even 30 years old.

It's not that the stadium is bad it's that they have a way to leave and given the MASN lawsuit giving a ton of money to the Nats plus all the fans south of 695 switching allegiances they're absolutely gonna explore cities that'll pay money for them to come to town.

I'd love to think that Bryce Harper is pissed off that the Nats won a title without him.  But in all likelihood, he isn't all that bothered.  He got paid.

It's not like the 80s where rival teams seemed to genuinely dislike each other.  Nowadays fans get caught up in that stuff way more than players do.  The players themselves have friends all around the league and in general I think once their own team's season ends they're indifferent on who wins the whole thing.

Josh Hamilton was arrested 2 days ago. Charged with "injury to a child", after beating his oldest daughter. 

According to the affidavit, after he stopped hitting the girl, he said: “I hope you go in front of the [expletive] Judge and tell him what a terrible dad I am so I don’t have to see you anymore.”

Strasburg opts out of his contract.

Aroldis Chapman was expected to opt out of his contract but the Yankees tacked on another year at $18 million for 2022 and he decided to stick around instead.

All told he’s essentially agreed to a 3-year, $48 million contract.  With the free agent market being what it has been in recent offseasons and teams becoming skittish on giving out multi-year deals for relievers on the wrong side of 30 (he’ll be 32 by Opening Day) I’m not sure he actually would’ve gotten much more than that anyway.

Yeah I thought the Yankees were hoping he would opt out so they could save that money and put it towards a starter. So it's weird to see them actually extend him.

I love the Mets hire of Beltran. It's the kind of savvy managerial hire that we usually only expect from good franchises. I thought for sure they'd be getting a random bench coach or a retread.

On 01/11/2019 at 07:37, Rey Cloudy said:

Josh Hamilton was arrested 2 days ago. Charged with "injury to a child", after beating his oldest daughter. 

What the fuck man.

13 hours ago, DMN said:

@Meacon, you guys get Cole, we get Strasburg, and we meet up in October?

If it wasn't for the fact that God sends a kitten to Hell every time the Yankees make it to a World Series (and another dozen if they win), I wouldn't mind seeing that...