MLB 2019

The Buscher

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

But what a lovely reception the crowd gave him!

7 hours ago, Meacon said:

I didn't watch the game, but apparently two women very clearly flashed their boobies from behind home plate during the game tonight. 

Are these related?

Brewers bench coach Pat Murphy has emerged as a mystery candidate for the Mets job, but Andy Martino of the Daily News quickly jumped onto Twitter to say that Murphy is not the "bombshell candidate" he referenced last week.

Naturally though, he still won't reveal who the bombshell candidate is because it would give away his source.  Which in and of itself is another example of why sports journalism has gone to crap.  If someone wants to tell you something off the record for your own knowledge, that's one thing.  But you're generally not supposed to report on that kind of stuff at all.  If you choose to report something, you're doing your readers a disservice by purposely withholding information.

18 hours ago, Meacon said:

I didn't watch the game, but apparently two women very clearly flashed their boobies from behind home plate during the game tonight. 

And they caught lifetime bans from MLB for it.

I’m rooting against the Nats but they had one of the worst calls of all time called against them only for Rendon to immediately respond by going deep.  He’s earned every penny he’s going to get this winter.

Really does feel like the type of moment that will carry a team to a title.  Unreal that the home team might lose every game.

If nothing else I can’t imagine Scherzer not pitching a gem tomorrow after everything he went through on Sunday.

They said that there were only two times in the 114 previous World Series that road teams won the first five games, but I don't remember what years they said. I wonder if road teams have ever won the first six or all seven?

5 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

They said that there were only two times in the 114 previous World Series that road teams won the first five games, but I don't remember what years they said. I wonder if road teams have ever won the first six or all seven?

No road team has ever won all six to begin, MLB app answered that nice and easy for me.

Strasburg will be the first to go 5-0 in the post season in terms of wins as Randy Johnson and Francisco Rodriguez both are 5-1.

Tonight's matchup is also the first time we shall have two pitchers who have won Cy Young awards going against one another between Scherzer and Greinke. This should be interesting.

What stunned me is that Verlander is now 0-6 in the World Series. If he never wins a World Series game, that may hurt when its time for Hall of Fame voting on him. At least his first year or two of eligibility.

Hoping the Nationals win tonight, but won't be too upset if the Astros do.

There’s no way his World Series record prevents him from being voted in the Hall.

And apparently this is the 1420 series among the MLB, NHL, and NBA to go seven games and it is the very first where the road team has won the first six. So not just baseball, but the first time in the three major sports that do best-of-seven.

• Like 1

225 wins+ and 3000+ strikeouts over the course of his career is more important than 0-6 in the World Series I feel. And who knows how many more of those wins and K’s he will get before he’s done. Six losses won’t negate a whole career of greatness. If he was a borderline HoF pitcher, yes, but not for Verlander.

Who needs Harper?

6 hours ago, Meacon said:

225 wins+ and 3000+ strikeouts over the course of his career is more important than 0-6 in the World Series I feel. And who knows how many more of those wins and K’s he will get before he’s done. Six losses won’t negate a whole career of greatness. If he was a borderline HoF pitcher, yes, but not for Verlander.

He fact that he has a World Series ring negates his 0-6 record entirely.  

• Like 1

I don’t hate the Nats anywhere near as much as the Braves or Phillies, but a division rival winning a title is always going to feel sickening to me. The only time it hasn’t was the Marlins in ‘03 and that’s just because the Yankees were the most hateable team ever then. I’d have rooted for this year Yankees over the Nats easily.

Probably will never see a Mets championship in my lifetime.  Oh well.