MLB 2019

The Buscher

On 09/10/2019 at 18:28, Trent Buschetta said:

Brian McCann retired immediately after the game

Officially, but internally he retired after the third inning.

• Like 1

It’s always heartening to see the Cardinals lose, but to see them lose like this? Just goes to show there’s still some good in the world.

:lol:

Not surprised. I figured once they ousted Ausmus almost as soon as the Maddon news dropped, that's where Maddon would end up. 

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Sounds like Joe Maddon will be managing the Angels which is nice since it keeps him almost as far away from the Phillies job as possible.

The best news.

Now hopefully the Angels can put a real team around Trout for once.

12 hours ago, Meacon said:

If the Yankees win it all, I will follow you around and remind you of it after every single one of your posts, in every single thread on EWB. 

My gut just says they're not going to win it this year. I could be wrong, and hope I'm not. i just had a feeling, even during the season, that the Astros were going back if the Red Sox didn't make it. 

But here's what Yankees fans don't understand: If MLB was a wrestling fed, the Yankees and their fans would be Waylon Mercy: a heel that thinks they're a face. If you're not a Yankees fan, then you're almost duty bound to hate them.

I'm just glad its not Braves-Yankees. I wouldn't watch that . Fuck that racist chant and tomahawk chop motion. I cannot stand watching the Braves, and you couldn't pay me enough to watch Braves home games with the sound turned on. I didn't watch a single Braves home game all season, and only watched one road game.

(I have a multitude of reasons for hating the Braves.)

Edited by GhostMachine

Yankee fans know that, but we really don’t care if you all like them. I don’t get the “thinks they’re face” thing, because Yankee fans know that you either love them or hate them. It’s been the mantra for probably longer than any other sports franchise in the country. It just means the franchise has been successful just like Patriots fans don’t care what other NFL fans think. We’re not a petty fan base like the Red Sox who were one out from winning the World Series and instead of “Let’s go Sox!” They chanted “Yankees suck!” in one of the most insecure tells of all time. There’s your wrestling analogy since wrestlers and Sox fans are childishly insecure.

And if you keep it up, and the Yanks win it all, I will also PM you every day until the new season starts just to remind you of it. :lol: 

• Like 1