MLB 2019

The Buscher

21 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

And Meacon is deluded. Aaron Judge is no Mookie Betts.

Reveal hidden contents

I could go into a long rant about why you're wrong, but I'll just continue to let you have the wrong opinions on everything, because that's more impressive. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I really don't want the Yankees to win the World Series but at least if they do, Edwin gets a ring.

Since the Jays aren’t in, I’d love Atlanta to take it. However even though I’m not a Yanks fan, I do enjoy GM crying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forky said:

Since the Jays aren’t in, I’d love Atlanta to take it. However even though I’m not a Yanks fan, I do enjoy GM crying.

Yeah, I'd be happy to see Donaldson get a ring. Oh, and Soroka is Canadian. Yeah, I would be happy with the Braves winning. 

This is a rare year I’d be fine with the Yankees winning it all.  For starters, no way do I want to see division rivals (Braves and Nats) win it.  But beyond that, they’ve had to overcome a ridiculous amount of injuries and it’s not like these are the 2000s “buy everyone” Yankees.

• Like 1

That series was the biggest formality in recent postseason history.  41 of the Twins’ 101 wins came against the Tigers, Royals, and White Sox.  I know you can only play who is in front of you but they had a losing record against teams over .500.  They stood no realistic chance against the Yankees.  None.

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

It's almost as if getting to spend 90+ million dollars on players makes a big difference on the outcome

Twins went into the 2018 season with a payroll over $120 million but traded everyone making money off by the All-Star break because they weren’t good, because just spending money does not equal success.

Severino, Sanchez, Gleyber Torres, Gio Urshela, Cam Maybin, And Aaron Judge all are making around the league minimum. Urshella was bought from the Blue Jays for $25k after lackluster years in Toronto and Cleveland. 

In one game anything can happen, especially when a team is playing with house money like the Rays are.  Everybody had a Yankees/Astros ALCS penciled in for months.

Houston really didn't need to panic and pitch Verlander on short rest.  They could've had him and Cole both completely fresh and ready to go for a possible Game 5 if they totally needed it.  Now they have to hope Cole doesn't have a rare off night like Verlander did or they're looking at a choke job for the ages.

9 hours ago, Trent Buschetta said:

In one game anything can happen, especially when a team is playing with house money like the Rays are.  Everybody had a Yankees/Astros ALCS penciled in for months.

Houston really didn't need to panic and pitch Verlander on short rest.  They could've had him and Cole both completely fresh and ready to go for a possible Game 5 if they totally needed it.  Now they have to hope Cole doesn't have a rare off night like Verlander did or they're looking at a choke job for the ages.

If I'm AJ Hinch, I take the bet that I'm better off having both Verlander and Cole pitch. Make the Rays beat both of them. It didn't work out and it's clear that Verlander probably shouldn't pitch on short rest (if you look at his numbers in the regular season, they are far worse whenever his velocity is down), but it's easy to say that in hindsight. He had only really pitched on short rest in the playoffs once before in his career and he did it because the first game got rained out.