MLB 2019

The Buscher

I think Hinch bungled it by not having both of them ready to go in a Game 5. It was too great of an unknown trotting JV out there. It doesn't mess with their ALCS rotation (if they get there) as much as people say though, Greinke in Game 1 covers their ass there. 

It's kind of the result of bringing in Miley during a blowout though, didn't leave Hinch as much freedom as he'd have liked.

The thing that is particularly odd with Playoff Kershaw is his WHIP is relatively close to his career average but his ERA is 2 full points higher. It's just bizarre, he gets the outs but seemingly every ball he does put in play winds up leading to a run.

A basic statistical inference means he should have a postseason stretch where he throws to a 0.60 ERA at some point. Similar to A-Rod's .400 batting average in 2009. Just a progression to the mean.

I woke up and couldn't believe it. I know they only had a 3 run lead but I thought for sure the Dodgers were just gonna stroll to a win. 

Hard to believe we're a Rays win away from 3 of the 4 100 win teams all being eliminated in the Division Series.