Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

2 hours ago, DFF said:

We are apparently close to signing Maupay for around £15m, as well as getting Henderson back on loan for another year.

I really think you need to sign more players with top flight experience. There's a lot of good Championship players coming in and that is often not the key to success upon arriving in the Premier League.

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I really think you need to sign more players with top flight experience. There's a lot of good Championship players coming in and that is often not the key to success upon arriving in the Premier League.

I suspect we don't have a lot of cash (15m for Maupay side) and we're almost trying to aim for 17th place without bankrupting ourselves were we to fail. We're currently in the midst of a court battle of ownership, which could also be having an effect. 

• Admin

Arsenal are to sign the St Etienne defender William Saliba for €30m (£27m) and loan him back to the French club for the 2019-20 season. The coveted 18-year-old has agreed a five-year deal with the Gunners and the two clubs are only minor details away from concluding the transfer.

So much for a small transfer budget...

• Admin

Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of Brentford centre-back Ezri Konsa, Sky Sports News understands. Talks are understood to be progressing over a £12m deal, which would trigger a release clause in his contract. 

• Admin

Sky sources understand there were high-level talks last weekend between Manchester United and Newcastle United about Sean Longstaff. Newcastle will not confirm that there were talks but we understand Newcastle are categorically not interested in selling Longstaff and see him as a big part of their future plans. United have not made an official bid yet.

A source close to Wilfried Zaha says there are doubts about whether Arsenal can afford to sign him this summer. Palace have rejected a £40m Arsenal bid and they value Zaha at closer to £100m. Palace would not be interested in taking players as part of a swap deal – that would only ever happen as a last resort.

Villa are about to sign Douglas Luiz from Man City for 15m.

I follow La Liga so saw quite a bit of him at Girona last season. Didn't quite get the hype from Graham Hunter who was convinced he could go back to City and replace Fernandinho, but I'm sure he'll still be a very good signing.

53 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Barcelona have signed a 16 year old West Brom youngster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48950688

That fringe though