Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

1 hour ago, DFF said:

We have officially re-signed Jagielka. Good depth signing / cover for Egan methinks. 

Nice signing that. The experience and leadership he will bring to the dressing room is invaluable.

11 hours ago, MDK said:

More like Luke Expensiveman

Turns out he was £5.5m - I don't think that's that bad consdering the amount of money teams spend these days. 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Turns out he was £5.5m - I don't think that's that bad consdering the amount of money teams spend these days. 

Only £5.5mil?!?! The game's gone

Players in League One are going for £2m+ now, so £5.5m for Freeman is about the right value in the market. This is the knock-on effect of the huge TV deal more than anything, it dominoes down the leagues in terms of financial value.

£5m would have got you a top Premier League player in 1999, but not 2009. In 2019 it gets you a top end Championship player. Until the bubble bursts that will just keep increasing.

• Like 1

I'm patiently waiting for it to trickle down to grassroots so I can start selling kids for millions.

• Admin

They're just paying him the money rather than what they would have paid Man Utd as a transfer fee.

Liverpool have raised concerns with FIFA that 20-year-old Bobby Adekanye had been tapped up ahead of his move to Lazio. FIFA rules state that Clubs are not allowed to talk to players under the age of 23 in the final six months of their contract. As yet it is unclear whether or not FIFA feel there is a case to answer.

PSG also needs to pay higher wages to get players because the tax is higher in France, but five years for a 34 year old is also spectacular. I think Herrera’s a decent player but this makes no sense, he won’t change their dominance in the league and I don’t think he’ll be the player that helps them win the CL.

• Admin

Paul Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, has admitted for the first time that the midfielder is trying to force an exit from Manchester United this summer. Pogba is believed to favour a move to Real Madrid after becoming unsettled at United, with the coach, Zinedine Zidane, an admirer of the 26-year-old.

“Everyone within the club [United] from the manager to the owner knows Paul’s wishes,” Raiola told The Times. “Everyone knows the willingness of Paul to move on. We are in the process of that. Everyone knows what the feelings of Paul are.”

Pogba has been absent from United’s first week of training, having been granted extra rest by the manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjær. On Friday the club insisted Pogba will be in the squad that flies to Australia on Sunday for the start of the pre-season tour. Yet Raiola cast doubt on this. “I cannot tell you anything. I live day by day,” he said.

Pogba is contracted until 2021 with United having an option of a further 12 months. If he was to be sold the club’s asking price would start at the £89.3m fee paid to Juventus for Pogba in the summer of 2016.

Solskjær, meanwhile, has confirmed Manchester United are working on another two possible signings this summer. United have already brought in Daniel James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka ahead of the 2019-20 Premier League campaign.

“It’s a long-term and it’s a short-term project,” Solskjær told the club’s website. “You cannot just think three years down the line, so we’ve got short-term goals as well. I think we’ve been quite calm and good in the market as we’ve got the right people, and we’re still working on a case or two.

“Of course we’re always looking to improve the squad and all over the summer I’ve been in touch with Joel [Glazer] and Ed [Woodward] and all the recruitment people and analysis people. I’ve got to say it’s been very good so far. I’ve got the backing and we’ve got the people we wanted, for now, and there will probably be some more business being done.”

United have continued their summer business by handing new contracts to the academy graduates Andreas Pereira and Axel Tuanzebe.

Pereira, the 23-year-old Belgium-born Brazil midfielder, has committed himself until 2023, with the option of a further year. Pereira enjoyed a breakthrough 2018-19 campaign after spending previous seasons on loan at Granada and Valencia, and was given a run in the side after Solskjaer took over in December.

The defender Tuanzebe, 21, has committed until 2022, also with the option of a further year, after spending last season on loan at the Championship play-off winners, Aston Villa. Marcus Rashford and Juan Mata have also agreed new deals this summer.

Youri Tielemans is set to have a medical at Leicester ahead of a permanent transfer.

This Alvaro Morata transfer's a bit weird.

So in January he went to Atletico Madrid on an 18 month loan. Okay. Apparently this is a thing that clubs do these days.

Now, six months in, Chelsea basically said "you agree right now to sign this fucker permanently or we're taking him away from you for this season".

And Atletico have agreed to this, supposedly for something in the region of £50 million.

Despite this agreement, the transfer won't actually happen until next summer, when the loan ends. I don't really get why.

Also not sure what happens if he crocks himself in the interim. Does the transfer go through regardless, or can Atletico pull out?

Meh. Whatever.

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

This Alvaro Morata transfer's a bit weird.

So in January he went to Atletico Madrid on an 18 month loan. Okay. Apparently this is a thing that clubs do these days.

Now, six months in, Chelsea basically said "you agree right now to sign this fucker permanently or we're taking him away from you for this season".

And Atletico have agreed to this, supposedly for something in the region of £50 million.

Despite this agreement, the transfer won't actually happen until next summer, when the loan ends. I don't really get why.

Also not sure what happens if he crocks himself in the interim. Does the transfer go through regardless, or can Atletico pull out?

Meh. Whatever.

Could be to do with publishing the accounts and what set of yearly accounts it would come under. 

I'm sure when we were linked with Fekir last season, Lyon wanted the transfer to happen at a certain time so they could include the money within the next financial years accounts. 

Then again I could be completely wrong