Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

• Admin

Chelsea are poised to complete the permanent signing of Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic for a fee which could rise to €50m (£44.8m) with add-ons. The Croat spent last season on loan at Stamford Bridge and, as part of that deal, is allowed to join the club despite a transfer ban.

3737.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Liverpool have agreed terms to sign the highly rated Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg from PEC Zwolle, who says he thought the club’s approach “was a joke”.

The 17-year-old centre-back, who was coveted by Ajax and Bayern Munich this summer, will cost the Champions League winners an initial £1.3m. The fee could rise to £4.4m should he make a substantial number of Premier League and European appearances.

Van den Berg is not being signed as an academy player by Liverpool but as a young talent who can be developed at first-team level under Jürgen Klopp. His is the first deal struck by Liverpool this transfer window and he will complete his move on 1 July.

Speaking to Liverpool’s website, Van den Berg said: “It’s just amazing. It is, for me, the biggest club in the world and it’s a dream come true. I am really excited.

“I couldn’t believe it, I thought it was a joke. To be honest, I was a little bit scared at first because such a big club had interest in me. I think this is the best place for me to grow and hopefully play a lot of games here.

“I’ve seen what kind of players from the academy have grown into the first team. [Klopp] is a great guy and one of the reasons they are successful – and also one of the reasons I came here. I was thinking about [the idea of] training with Virgil [van Dijk]. For me he is the best defender in the world, so I can learn a lot from him.”

18 hours ago, Baddar said:

Latest is that Inter want to pay 9m for a 2 year loan for Lukaku, then 53m afterwards. Fuck off. Especially as they refused to budge on the Perisic fee multiple times. 

Milan also are attempting to offer something similar (albeit a slightly lower future fee) for Lucas Torreira. 

Not sure what they’re smoking at the San Siro.

9 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Milan also are attempting to offer something similar (albeit a slightly lower future fee) for Lucas Torreira. 

Not sure what they’re smoking at the San Siro.

Same stuff you lot were

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Admin

Liverpool have accepted an initial £5m fee for Rafael Camacho from Sporting Lisbon after the winger refused to sign a contract extension at Anfield.

The 19-year-old will return to the club where he started his career having resisted overtures from Milan, Wolves and Schalke amid concerns over a lack of first-team opportunities. Liverpool had wanted to retain the Portugal under-18 international but faced a choice of selling to Sporting this summer or losing him for a nominal compensation fee next year once he rejected a new deal with the Champions League winners.

Camacho’s fee could rise to £7m depending on bonus payments related to Sporting’s league and European achievements. The deal includes a 20% sell-on fee for Liverpool, who have also included a buy-back option in the terms of the teenager’s return to Lisbon.

Sporting tried to sign the versatile forward on loan in January. Camacho’s transfer is not tied in any way to the future of Bruno Fernandes, the Sporting midfielder who has been linked with a possible £55m move to Anfield, as Liverpool are not among the clubs interested in the 24-year-old.

Apparently we had Ravel Morrison in for a chat earlier this week. Not sure what I make of that tbh. 

I wouldn't down play being linked with Ryan Fraser. Most assists for a player outside a top 6 club and getting close to 10 goals. Could get even more by being surrounded by better players

23 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Did Kovacic confirm with Chelsea? Didn’t it have to be done before today?

God knows. There was briefly an interview with him about how pleased he was to have signed permanently etc. posted on Chelsea's (annoying) official app...but then it was removed.

My best guess is that it's done and that Chelsea are just being Chelsea and being pointlessly slow with everything. I think that if it had not happened for any reason, someone in the press would have got wind and be making a lot more noise about it.

25 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Did Kovacic confirm with Chelsea? Didn’t it have to be done before today?

As long as his registration stays with Chelsea it doesn't matter when the transfer is done. 

Just got a (different) article through the Chelsea official app, confirming that Kovacic has signed on a 5 year contract.

Amusingly, it is a) dated 2 days ago, and b) not on the Chelsea website yet.

FFS, guys. :lol:

Edit: Actually it turned up on the official website moments after I last looked: https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/07/01/mateo-kovacic-joins-chelsea-on-a-permanent-deal?cardIndex=0-0