Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

On 06/07/2019 at 15:38, stokeriño said:

This Alvaro Morata transfer's a bit weird.

So in January he went to Atletico Madrid on an 18 month loan. Okay. Apparently this is a thing that clubs do these days.

Now, six months in, Chelsea basically said "you agree right now to sign this fucker permanently or we're taking him away from you for this season".

And Atletico have agreed to this, supposedly for something in the region of £50 million.

Despite this agreement, the transfer won't actually happen until next summer, when the loan ends. I don't really get why.

Also not sure what happens if he crocks himself in the interim. Does the transfer go through regardless, or can Atletico pull out?

Meh. Whatever.

All that matters is a player with no interest in playing for us isn't on the books any more. We might be up shit creek in terms of replacing him but my expectations aren't high for next season. Although seeing the Lampard announcement stuff the other day completely swung me around and got me as hyped as anyone, I'll be happy with just qualifying for Europe next season in any form.

12 minutes ago, Naitch said:

All that matters is a player with no interest in playing for us isn't on the books any more. We might be up shit creek in terms of replacing him but my expectations aren't high for next season. Although seeing the Lampard announcement stuff the other day completely swung me around and got me as hyped as anyone, I'll be happy with just qualifying for Europe next season in any form.

Oh I'm not worried about losing him. It will be interesting to see how we use some combination of Giroud/Bats/Tammy even if it might mostly be muddling through. It just seemed an odd "final but also somehow not quite final" deal.

• Admin

Bournemouth have signed Jack Stacey from Luton.

Tyrone Mings has completed his move from Bournemouth to Aston Villa. A formal announcement expected later today. The fee is for an initial £20m which could rise to £25m.

Burnley have made a bid of £10m for their former striker, Jay Rodriguez, triggering the release clause in his existing West Brom contract.

West Ham United have confirmed that Marko Arnautovic has joined Chinese Super League champions Shanghai SIPG. Sky sources understand the fee to be £22.4million.

Burnley expect to complete the signing of Stoke City defender Erik Pieters today.

Hopefully Bournemouth use that 20mil for Mings to sign someone like Clyne...

Apparently we are meant to be signing Harvey Elliott from Fulham, having "apparently" beaten the likes of Madrid, Barca, Leipzig, Dortmund and City. Seems to be fitting in with our policy this summer of retaining the first team and adding youngsters for the future. 

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Hopefully Bournemouth use that 20mil for Mings to sign someone like Clyne...

legit thought they had sold Tyrone  Mears for 20million.

Brendan definitely compromised with the board and went I'll take Tielemans (he's no Joe Allen) if you let me sign Ayoze Perez

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mad Jack stans Wiccan said:

Leicester's midfield 3 of Youri/Ndidi/Maddison is better than any three midfielders United could field. 

I'd say Youri/Ndidi/Maddison if you thought differently.

Does that quite work?

Real pleased with the Mings signing. £20m is a bit mental, but guess that’s the way it goes now. All of a sudden we’re putting together a decent squad. Think we need another CB, defensive midfielder, and one more striker and I think we’re set. 

Mad how he’s gone from fan hero to this. Never liked him since the cheating incident against us a couple months ago. 

Be interesting to see how Leeds do this season - sucks falling so close to the final hurdle. 

We are apparently close to signing Maupay for around £15m, as well as getting Henderson back on loan for another year.

• Admin

Various outlets are saying that were getting ever-closer to completing the signings of both Dani Ceballos (on loan) and Dani Olmo. If one of those comes off I'll be very happy - just leaves Sessegnon(s?) as the main outstanding target/s.