Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

40 minutes ago, Colly said:

Joselu's gone, knocking another 2 goals from our "goals scored last season by players still actually in our side". We're down to 12, which will be 11 once Hayden goes. Fuuuuuck.

Don't worry, Steve Bruce will definitely save you.

Rondon is joining Benitez in China.

Another Newcastle fan?

They're are literally dozens of us! :D

9 hours ago, Arjen Robben said:

I cannot believe we live in a world where Lewis Dunk is moving for £45m. FORTY FIVE? What the absolute fuck.

Leicester know Man United have tons of cash and are desperate for a centre back.

Brighton know Leicester will have tons of cash and will be desperate for a centre back.

6 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Leicester know Man United have tons of cash and are desperate for a centre back.

Brighton know Leicester will have tons of cash and will be desperate for a centre back.

Newcastle know Brighton will have tons of cash and will be desperate for a centre back.

Big fat Mike buys Greggs.

2 hours ago, Gazz said:

Another Newcastle fan?

They're are literally dozens of us! :D

There's knowing they have that money and trying to take advantage, and there's Leicester being happy to pay it. 

Conversation should have been:

"Hi, Brendan here, we're sort of interested in Lewis Dunk for some reason. How much are you looking for?"

"£45m"

"Haha, sorry, bad line there I think, I said Lewis Dunk."

"£45m"

"LeadingViciousAlbertosaurus-max-1mb.gif See ya."

Do they even need to be throwing £45m at a centre back? Surely Benkovic, Soyuncu, Morgan and Evans is perfectly fine enough for Leicester. If you need to bolster it you don't need to be spending £45m and if you are going to spend £45m don't spend it on Lewis bastard Dunk. There's probably decent enough players from the Bundesliga or Eredivisie or Ligue 1 you could go for that are loads better and cost less.

PSG and Neymar have a lot to answer for warping the transfer market to the point we live in a world where Harry Maguire is going for £80m and Lewis Dunk is going for £45m.

Nevermind Neymar, I mean it has contributed but the big reason this can happen now with midtable PL teams is because of the gigantic TV deal. All 20 clubs make an absolute boatload every season so they don't find themselves needing to flog their best players for lower fees to keep going.

As a fan of a team well outside the Premier League, transfer fees just make me laugh. Players are worth what clubs are willing to pay for them, and if someone's happy to shell out the cost of a reasonably sized stadium for a single player who's far from a world-beater, so be it.

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

Nevermind Neymar, I mean it has contributed but the big reason this can happen now with midtable PL teams is because of the gigantic TV deal. All 20 clubs make an absolute boatload every season so they don't find themselves needing to flog their best players for lower fees to keep going.

No one told us.

Lewis Dunk is 28 too, not exactly a young player with room to improve.

Given Leicester's depth at the position, they'd be much better advised spending that money on a prospect from abroad. 

Don't know why United aren't jumping on a Coutinho deal either. Don't get the point of Liverpool paying a loan fee and his massive wages when they don't necessarily need him.

Coutinho has apparently said he doesn't want to go to United, @TCO. Would only want to return to us if he comes back to England 

I'd take him back, honestly. He's still a brilliant player, and he makes us better. He's perfect in the hole for when Klopp wants to go 4231, he's shown he can play as an 8 for us in the 433. He would just need to know he's coming back humble and ready to prove his worth to the squad and supporters.

3 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Kieran Trippier is reportedly travelling to Madrid to have a medical with Atletico ahead of a £20m move. 

Sky are saying Spurs have been offered Angel Correa as part of the deal.

It is good for more English players to go abroad, personally.

• Like 3