Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

31 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Weird you'd loan him back for a season when defence is like the key area you need to improve.

Might be more of a case of ensuring they have him rather then other clubs having a chance to get him. 

Same with us and Keita the other season. 

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

So is Saliba! Two top, top players choosing Arsenal over spurs, on the same day!

From the short clips I've seen of Saliba, he looks like he's got plenty of potential. He's already massive too.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Kaney said:

So is Saliba! Two top, top players choosing Arsenal over spurs, on the same day!

Eh. Poch has never liked loaning players; he's always been one who would rather play one of the prospects than a loanee to give them the experience. Saliba - not sure how concrete our interest ever was. Part of it is believed to have been just a ploy to force Arsenal's price tag up.

Anyway, we're getting Dybala :P 

Yeah, supposedly the lack option to buy killed our interest in Ceballos. He clearly wants to play for Madrid, so kinda down for our club not being a stepping stone. 

Saliba looks quality though from the brief amount I've seen of him, could be a great bit of business. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

so kinda down for our club not being a stepping stone.  

Are Kane and Erikson not wanting to go go Madrid then? Like Bale and Modric did? 😛

6 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Ah, the proxy benefits of Arsenal players never being good enough to be wanted by Madrid... :shifty:

I've heard they're after that Ceballos fellas :shifty:

We've signed Ben Osborn from Forest and have, finally, confirmed the re-loaning in of Dean Henderson from Man U! (Very happy with that one)

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportes/futbol/dybala-lo-celso-buscados-tottenham-ofrece-150-nid2271044

Dybala y Lo Celso, buscados: Tottenham ofrece 150 millones de euros por los dos argentinos

https://en.businesstimes.cn/articles/116015/20190726/tottenham-chairman-daniel-levy-promises-squad-improvements-as-he-announces-£360m-shirt-sponsorship-deal.htm

Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy Promises Squad Improvements As He Announces £360m Shirt Sponsorship Deal

Daniel Levy made a huge promise to Tottenham supports saying that improving the squad is a priority now their stadium is complete. The redeveloped White Hart Lane is the most expensive ground in Europe and, as the Spurs chairman points out, the most technically advanced.

As finalist for the Champions League last season, Spurs are looking forward to keep pace with their opponents and have already broken their transfer record this summer by getting Tanguy Ndombele on board for £55million. They also shelled out around £8.5million on Leeds winger Jack Clarke after going two transfer windows without spending a dime.

The club is reportedly in talks with Juventus over a deal for Paulo Dybala, amounting to £80million, and they are said to be adamant on keeping Giovani Lo Celso, who is rated at £67million.

I think Levy must have found Lamela's stash.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DFF said:

We've signed Ben Osborn from Forest and have, finally, confirmed the re-loaning in of Dean Henderson from Man U! (Very happy with that one)

Osborn is a hard-working player who deserves a chance in the top flight. I hope he makes a good impression.

• Like 1

I still think Bale could have forced Madrid's hand and got at least a temporary subsidised move to a top European club.

It's not as if he's not still supremely talented and a world class player. Such a shame to see him disappear for money.