Summer Transfer Window 2019

Lineker

4 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Probably just said "remember that game at Anfield?" over and over again until they gave us money to shut up and go away.

Chelsea have released Gary Cahill, Gonzalo Higuain, Eduardo and Rob Green. Although it hardly matters, I actually had to go look up who our third-choice goalkeeper now is (Marcin Bulka, who was used a bit in last year's pre-season, has also left). I think it's either Jamie Cumming or, everybody's favourite, Jamal Blackman. :shifty: 

To be fair, he did a fair enough job for us in 2017-18. I'd totally lost track of where he was though. 

5 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Probably just said "remember that game at Anfield?" over and over again until they gave us money to shut up and go away.

Chelsea have released Gary Cahill, Gonzalo Higuain, Eduardo and Rob Green. Although it hardly matters, I actually had to go look up who our third-choice goalkeeper now is (Marcin Bulka, who was used a bit in last year's pre-season, has also left). I think it's either Jamie Cumming or, everybody's favourite, Jamal Blackman. :shifty: 

Genuinely didn't know that Blackman was on the books.

Getting rid of Higuain is a good call as he wasn't any better than Morata even though the latter definitely didn't/doesn't want to be at Stamford Bridge. I'm warming to the idea of Lampard taking on the reins with the rumours that he wants to focus on bringing young blood into the first team.

Today I learned that Villas-Boas was our first manager to completely separate the senior and youth teams, and they've been kept separate ever since.

Fucking why?

• Admin

Woooooooo

Meanwhile, Arsenal have signed the 18-year-old Brazilian forward Gabriel Martinelli from Ituano for £6m. Martinelli scored 10 goals in 34 appearances for São Paulo-based club and was called up for a training camp with Brazil before the Copa América.

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Why are Newcastle selling? 

Ashley will probably want to buy another dying retail brand at some point

• Admin

2017: "I always say that if I went to China I would end up feeling angry. Do you play football because you love football - or do you play because you want to make money?"
2019: Yaya Toure signs for Chinese second tier side Qingdao Huanghai.

His new team-mates include former West Ham and Bolton forward Ricardo Vaz Te, and ex-Espanyol midfielder Joan Verdu.

• Admin

Sky sources: Talks between Tottenham and Real Betis over the potential signing of midfielder Giovani Lo Celso are OFF after clubs fail to agree price. Lo Celso - who has a release clause of £88m - wants to join Tottenham and that the north London club may go back in later in the window if they can sell Christian Eriksen.

9 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Sky sources: Talks between Tottenham and Real Betis over the potential signing of midfielder Giovani Lo Celso are OFF after clubs fail to agree price. Lo Celso - who has a release clause of £88m - wants to join Tottenham and that the north London club may go back in later in the window if they can sell Christian Eriksen.

Hm, torn on this one. He is obviously a player that Poch wants, but £70mil is a huge amount for a player, especially for a club like us. Even more so considering we actually just spent real money on an actual footballer. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

£70mil is a huge amount for a player, especially for a club like us.

But on the flip side if Spurs want to compete and win a champions league - then that's what you're gonna have to spend.

1 minute ago, Hobo said:

You just got to the CL final. I

But on the flip side if Spurs want to compete and win a champions league - then that's what you're gonna have to spend.

I meant, more financially, than size of the club as such. Yeah, I can't help but feel for £70 mil, there's someone else out there. I imagine we might go back to Le Celso depending on  what happens with Eriksen? I don't think it's crazy we don't wanna pay £70 mil for him - out of the two, I'd much rather have Ndombele, who is a player I'm really excited about. 

I've heard the idea of Eriksen to Madrid in exchange for Dani Cellabos + 30/40 mil, which would be interesting. 

Scared by our lack of links to a new right back.