Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Here's hoping that they are now absolutely physically and mentally shattered!

Nice and tired for Denmark to gobble up. :)

I have to say...Spain should be furious with themselves. There's nothing good to take away from this.

Match of the tournament in terms of quality, for 90 minutes at least.

I'm glad Italy are through, they deserve it over the course of the tournament. I really hope England can join them.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Match of the tournament in terms of quality, for 90 minutes at least.

I felt the same. France-Switzerland was more "fun" in that it was absolute lunacy. The first 90 minutes of this were of an extremely high quality and just so incredibly tense. The extra time is what it was, not without its drama but clear Italy were spent and just hanging on.

• Like 1

I wrote a bit about the game that is being played tonight
https://danishpanda.medium.com/playing-with-house-money-6c923f155511

You have to think England/Denmark are the favorites after last night. Italy may have an extra night's rest, but they look absolutely freaking shattered during that match.

Sancho potentially being dropped shocks me had a brilliant game against Ukraine, I'm not judging a Southgate line up again after what he did against Germany knows what he's doing. I am nervous especially the way the media have been going on all day 

38 minutes ago, damshow said:

There's an argument to be made, especially against a defensive squad like Denmark, for keeping your better attacking option fresh for the final 30 minutes. Sancho could come out around a fatigued Danish team and really cause the match to open up.

I think it's a fair argument, but then I think I'd still rather have Sancho for the long haul and Saka as the unpredictable impact sub. 

Nice problem to have I guess.

I do think far too many English fans have gotten carried away acting like we've already won this game tonight.

I hope we have what it takes to get the job done tonight, but Denmark are a good side and will pose plenty of threat. Big step up on Ukraine at any rate.

• Like 3

Yeah doesn't help with how overhyped we are by most pundits and the English media. Denmark will be a huge step up compared to Ukraine and I would argue its our toughest challenge so far they are quite an unpredictable team, very well organised and could cause our defence some real issues

I don't blame the media too much though, they have to sell papers and realistically it is a game we should be winning. No guarantees of course, but if you'd told me in June we'd be in a semi final against Denmark I'd have bit your hand off. I love hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I do think far too many English fans have gotten carried away acting like we've already won this game tonight.

I hope we have what it takes to get the job done tonight, but Denmark are a good side and will pose plenty of threat. Big step up on Ukraine at any rate.

This tbh. Never underestimate the power of narrative. We are the bad guys here.

• Like 1