Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

13 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Seen Cavani to Leeds rumours have been picking up recently. 

Thought they were false and he was off to Benfica?

Supposedly Alex Telles is available for £25m, which is ludicrous if true. If I was Chelsea I'd hurry up and buy him.

If I was Leicester I'd hurry up and sell us Chilwell with the English premium and then buy him themselves :shifty:

Supposedly we're in for Onana, might as well drop Vitesse for Ajax as our Dutch feeder team :P

One player player are seemingly in for is Jonathan David from Gent, but face competition from Man United.

And Arsenal continue the transfer market banter by refusing to pay Partey's £45m release clause, instead offering 25m and Guendouzi.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Bayern are reportedly after Max Aarons.

Daniel Farke has apparently said he'd only consider "silly money" offers for the likes of Aarons, Godfrey, Cantwell, and Buendia.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Thought they were false and he was off to Benfica?

Supposedly Alex Telles is available for £25m, which is ludicrous if true. If I was Chelsea I'd hurry up and buy him.

If I was Leicester I'd hurry up and sell us Chilwell with the English premium and then buy him themselves :shifty:

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Supposedly we're in for Onana, might as well drop Vitesse for Ajax as our Dutch feeder team :P

One player player are seemingly in for is Jonathan David from Gent, but face competition from Man United.

And Arsenal continue the transfer market banter by refusing to pay Partey's £45m release clause, instead offering 25m and Guendouzi.

Yes please to both of these.

If we get Havertz over the line and sort those two as well I'd call it a great transfer window. Still reckon we need a centre back but hopefully one of Tomori/Zouma/Ampadu/Guehi suddenly become amazing.

If City sign Ake for anything less than 40m and we don't even try a bid to bring him back I'll be annoyed.

Chelsea might be playing into a situation where they hope the solution at centre back is in the club currently and if in the first few months of next season none of them show they're at the level they need to be the club'll go out and buy someone or get someone on loan to fill the position.

It's not the worst strategy especially since my expectation of them next year is a top 4 club that won't catch Liverpool or City but will have a great shot at winning the FA Cup and competing in Europe.

Tbh, if Chelsea add Havertz to the mix, even without a CB, you'd think they'd spend even more time in games on the front foot. Not picking up a CB might affect them in the long run, but if Havertz wants to join, they should be trying to get that done.

Chelsea would easily be able to outscore teams if they add Havertz to an already boosted attack and midfield going into next season. 

If they don't add defensively or sort a keeper out then they're going to be in a number of high scoring games but I think they'll be like us on 13/14 under Rodgers...whether they have someone like Suarez to bang in 30+ league goals is a different question. 

Chelsea should take advantage of the Covid-19 affected transfer market if they can given that they had the previous transfer ban, sold Hazard for big money, Morata is going for silly money for someone like Morata and will be getting the likes of Pedro and Willian of the wage bill.

Reports are saying Chelsea are resigned to Willian signing for us on a free transfer.

Whilst he’d be an excellent addition for a year or so, I still do not like that this is clearly more agent favours style recruitment on our part.

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

If we get Havertz over the line and sort those two as well I'd call it a great transfer window. Still reckon we need a centre back but hopefully one of Tomori/Zouma/Ampadu/Guehi suddenly become amazing.

If City sign Ake for anything less than 40m and we don't even try a bid to bring him back I'll be annoyed.

It might be a bit of FM20 and local bias but would Ben Godfrey be a suitable solution? He's young, decently built, and I doubt would cost more than £60m even with the English player tax added onto his value.