Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

Lallana off to Brighton having agreed a 3 year deal. Glad he got to go out with a Prem medal, he was vital in the early years of Klopp's reign and was a good player to have around. Just a shame about injuries at times curtailed what else he could have done. 

On 24/07/2020 at 12:05, Hobo said:

Looks like Dejan Lovren is off to Zenit St Petersburg for 10million.

Probably a good time to sell him. Don't think we'd get more for him and he'll wanna play more football. As annoying at times as he was he did have spells of really good form and I'll always have the memory of being in the Kop when he scored that header against Dortmund in the Europa League and the crowd going mental 

• Like 2

If Real Madrid are continuing their flash sale of players I'd very much like to see Reguilon replace Alonso at Chelsea. I signed him on a free transfer on my FM20 game and he ended up being a solid hand in my title-winning second season.

45 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Lallana off to Brighton having agreed a 3 year deal. Glad he got to go out with a Prem medal, he was vital in the early years of Klopp's reign and was a good player to have around. Just a shame about injuries at times curtailed what else he could have done. 

Probably a good time to sell him. Don't think we'd get more for him and he'll wanna play more football. As annoying at times as he was he did have spells of really good form and I'll always have the memory of being in the Kop when he scored that header against Dortmund in the Europa League and the crowd going mental 

I liked Adam Lallana. He was a good squad player and dependable... just very injury prone.

Lovren just never could stop himself from trying to wrestle people most of the time.

22 hours ago, Hobo said:

I liked Adam Lallana. He was a good squad player and dependable... just very injury prone.

Lovren just never could stop himself from trying to wrestle people most of the time.

He was no Martin Skrtel at it though, let me tell you. My best friend had always called him the Ultimate Warrior for how much he would wrestle guys in the box.

Probably not the most apt name given how little wrestling Warrior did, but he wasn't a dual wrestling and football nerd like most of us here 😑

Did players like Wilf Zaha and Ryan Fraser make a mistake by not moving on from their clubs last summer? Roy Hodgson said today that Zaha hasn't been as good because of the failure to leave last summer has affected him and now he and Fraser, and some others I'm sure, have had worse seasons and perhaps dampened their appeal and, in Zaha's case, their transfer value too.

I don't think Zaha had a choice in the matter, he very vocally wanted out. They priced him out of it and he had no choice but to stay and hounour his contract. I admire him for his professionalism really. He's been good enough to play with a much better club for a while now.

Fraser is moving on a free and will get more money now than if he had moved last year. Money isn't everything sure but I doubt he's earned that much in his career thus far, so I'd guess he'll be happy for that.

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I don't think Zaha had a choice in the matter, he very vocally wanted out. They priced him out of it and he had no choice but to stay and hounour his contract. I admire him for his professionalism really. He's been good enough to play with a much better club for a while now.

Fraser is moving on a free and will get more money now than if he had moved last year. Money isn't everything sure but I doubt he's earned that much in his career thus far, so I'd guess he'll be happy for that.

True enough on Zaha, so I suppose I should extend the question to include the clubs keeping hold of the players. Palace got less output from Zaha this season and now may well get less money as a result, taking out Covid implications in the market anyway.

• Admin

Atlético Madrid have rejected Arsenal’s latest offer for Thomas Partey and insisted they will not sell the Ghana midfielder for less than his €50m (£45.5m) release clause.

Having first registered their interest in the 27-year-old in the spring, attempts to persuade Atlético to sell Partey for a cut-price fee have so far come to nothing despite the player having yet to sign a lucrative new contract.

A bid of €25m plus a player was rejected a fortnight ago and it is understood Arsenal returned with a new offer of the same amount and out of favour midfielder Matteo Guendouzi . This was turned down by Atlético on Monday, with Arsenal having previously indicated they were unwilling to match Partey’s release clause.

The Atlético manager, Diego Simeone, is desperate to keep Partey, who joined the club in 2013 and has two years to run on his current deal. Guendouzi has not played for Arsenal since the defeat against Brighton in June, with Mikel Arteta refusing to confirm the 21-year-old would be at the club next season.

22 minutes ago, Baddar said:

If Arsenal are serious about Thomas, they need to pay his release clause. He would drastically improve their midfield so I don't know why they're fucking about. 

Its arsenal. They make a song and dance about everything. Things which should be straightforward like renewing their players' contracts is played out through the media.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

If Arsenal are serious about Thomas, they need to pay his release clause. He would drastically improve their midfield so I don't know why they're fucking about. 

Banter club mate.

• Like 1