Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

Cue the rumours that all of Brentford’s players are off to the Premiership. The Benrahma to Villa one has been nonstop since last summer, but I’d be more interested than see if anyone goes in for Ollie Watkins tbh.

Angel Gomes has signed for Lille, only to be immediately loaned to mid-table Portuguese side Boavista. What an odd move. 

If he's as good as he thinks he is, I'm sure things will work out eventually, but this seems like a mistake to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Chelsea have supposedly listening to offers for Kepa, Jorginho, Zouma, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Moses, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, and Batshuayi.

I mean most of those aren't that surprising but what centre backs does that leave us with exactly? Tomori?

I haven't been watching the Premiership much but has Kepa been that bad? What's the issue with him?

5 minutes ago, Jericode said:

We conceded more goals than anyone else in the top half despite finishing 4th

How much of that is Kepa though I guess is what I'm wondering? If the defense isn't great and they re-invest in that area but keep him...?

Is he just not much of a shot stopper?

It's a bit of both. The defence is shaky because they lack confidence in their keeper, and for good reason because Kepa has let in a number of howlers over the course of the season. Being several inches shorter than many of his Premier League contemporaries and as wide as a bean pole haven't helped.

My actions would be to replace Kepa and Alonso, and possibly sign a new centre back to make Zouma, Tomori, Rudiger, and Christensen fight for a first-team place. Maybe even offloading one of Rudiger and Christensen before the new season begins.

Edited by Naitch

2 hours ago, Liam said:

How much of that is Kepa though I guess is what I'm wondering? If the defense isn't great and they re-invest in that area but keep him...?

Put it this way, Leno conceded less goals this season, with our defence in front of him.

• Like 1