Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Ancelloti seemingly wants Immobile at Everton. He's the top scorer in the European leagues so would be a huge get if they can pull it off, but personally I can't see him moving.

I have to agree. He might be a consistent goalscorer in Serie A but he has Ciro credibility in a league as competitive as the Prem.

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

I imagine Otamendi will be on his way out from City probably to Spain 

If this is happening expect City to spend big on another centre back - they don't seem to have anyone coming up to operate at CB and they can't keep playing Fernandinho there - him not being at DM/CM is a large part of why they lost so many games last season.

1 hour ago, MadJack said:

If this is happening expect City to spend big on another centre back - they don't seem to have anyone coming up to operate at CB and they can't keep playing Fernandinho there - him not being at DM/CM is a large part of why they lost so many games last season.

Unlikely. I would imagine they'll be going forward with Laporte/Ake/Garcia and Stones.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Unlikely. I would imagine they'll be going forward with Laporte/Ake/Garcia and Stones.

I'll admit, the existence of Eric Garcia slipped right past me. No idea on his fitness but I wouldn't be confident having to trust Laporte, Ake and Stones to all stay fit for long periods of time. Either way, good for them if they can start playing Fernandinho at DM again.

32 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I'll admit, the existence of Eric Garcia slipped right past me. No idea on his fitness but I wouldn't be confident having to trust Laporte, Ake and Stones to all stay fit for long periods of time. Either way, good for them if they can start playing Fernandinho at DM again.

Well, seemed like everyone was slipping past Eric Garcia this season :shifty:

• Haha 1

Dayot Upamecano has signed a new three year deal at Leipzig, which probably kills off the Arsenal rumours. Not entirely sure why Arsenal fans were so keen mind, he’s got a fairly sizeable David Luiz streak in him.

Because like 95% of all football fans, they don't watch any football outside of their own team

• Like 1

I actually saw an academic paper that compared all major football related stats in the top five European leagues to win percentage and the strongest correlation to wins was goalkeeper's mid-range pass completion rate, so the secret to footballing success is having a keeper who can ping a thirty yarder to a deep-lying midfielder.

• Like 2

if anyone ever watches the god awful, but entertaining for the wrong reasons, AFTV, you'll see how much they leech onto a player and think hes amazing due to being linked with them rather than watching a minute of him actually play in a match, theyll then jump onto youtube and watch highlight vids of them rather than matches and judge by that, when theres highlight videos of any player on there, they could make any player look special.