Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

2 hours ago, Colly said:

This is a terminally silly question, but is playing two left footed centre halfs an issue? I have no daataaa but I'd imagine there are plenty of sides playing two righties? 

There is of course but a lot of managers have a preference for one of each because of how they play out from the back, Pep being one of them. Not saying they won't play together but I don't think they'll be a first choice pairing because of this

• Admin
1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Apparently we have bid for Jamal Lewis from Norwich who would be decent cover at left back. Curious what we'll do at centre back with Lovren going and Matip although he played well this season he had so many injuries. 

Norwich have rejected a £10m bid from Liverpool for their highly rated left-back Jamal Lewis.

The Premier League champions want the Northern Ireland international as cover for Andy Robertson and submitted the offer, which includes a sell-on clause, on Thursday.

Norwich value the 22-year-old at closer to £20m and immediately rejected a deal that would have made Lewis Liverpool’s first summer signing.

Lewis is understood to be keen on a move to Anfield, where he accepts he would be back-up for the Scotland captain. Robertson has rarely missed a Premier League game over the past two seasons but Jürgen Klopp is wary of relying exclusively on James Milner to provide cover in an intense and truncated 2020-21 season.

Liverpool are expected to return with an improved offer for Lewis, who shares an agency, PLG, with Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold, although the club have alternative options under consideration.

MK Dons are set to beat Ipswich to the free agent signing of Richard Keogh. The 33-year-old centre-half has been without a club since his controversial sacking by Derby last October and he has had various offers, one from Ipswich – where he played from the age of eight to 16. But Keogh has been impressed by Milton Keynes and the vision of the manager, Russell Martin, and is ready to commit to them.

Manchester City will not sell Eric García for less than £20m plus £10m in add-ons, with Barcelona wanting to re-sign the 19-year-old, who has signalled his desire to leave after refusing a new deal.

I can't see Norwich getting that £20 million fee for Lewis. Even in a pre COVID market he's not worth that much, even with young English premium. Can't see us going higher than 15 before backing out

• Admin

Sheffield United have had a £12m bid to re-sign the goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale rejected by Bournemouth. Chris Wilder is a big admirer of Ramsdale and believes the 22-year-old could fill the void left by Dean Henderson, who has returned to Manchester United after a second season’s loan. Ramsdale, an England Under-21 international, joined Bournemouth from Sheffield United for £800,000 in 2017 and, after an impressive loan with AFC Wimbledon in League One last season, has blossomed into one of the country’s most exciting goalkeeping prospects. Bournemouth are reluctant to lose Ramsdale, arguably their player of the season as they were relegated to the Championship.

Manchester United will listen to offers for Jesse Lingard, the forward having become a fringe player since the emergence of Mason Greenwood and with Ole Gunnar Solskjær trying to sign Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho. Although Solskjær is an admirer of Lingard, having coached him as a youth player at United, the 27-year-old is deemed surplus to requirements. Lingard’s contract ends in summer 2021 and although the club have an option to extend this for a year Solskjær is open to a sale should the right bid be lodged.

11 hours ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

I can't see Norwich getting that £20 million fee for Lewis. Even in a pre COVID market he's not worth that much, even with young English premium. Can't see us going higher than 15 before backing out

Why not? They don't need to sell, he's got three years on his contract and he has the English premium. You're probably right that 15m feels fair, but I think holding out for 20m is fair enough all things considered. 

I know we were interested in Aarons, and supposedly we're selling KWP and Aurier, which leaves us without a right back, but the rumours have died down since Mourinho took over. 

11 hours ago, Baddar said:

Fabrizio has given Hojbjerg to Spurs the here we go.

Also think this is good for us. Supposedly with KWP going the other way, we're paying roughly 3mil. Young, has experience, leadership qualities and good at recovering the ball. In an ideal world we have him sitting in a midfield 3 of Lo Celso and Ndombele and he can free them up. 

We've suffered massively for the last two seasons because Dembele was falling apart, Wanyama was crocked and we haven't had any sort of defensive minded midfielder. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Why not? They don't need to sell, he's got three years on his contract and he has the English premium. You're probably right that 15m feels fair, but I think holding out for 20m is fair enough all things considered. 

Northern Ireland are so irrelevant that people don't realise their in demand prospect even plays for them and it drives up his price as a future England international!

Jamal Lewis called up to the Nothern Ireland squad despite elbow ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Mad to think £16mil on a straight backup for Liverpool coz they have one of the best left backs in the world. Can he play anywhere else across the back?

Apparently is a good midfielder on the left side as well, according to what I've read. Nothing about other positions in defense, however.

We desperately need another CB (or two) with Matip being injured all the time and Lovren gone, can't have Fabinho as the backup. Really hoping we fill that hole as I see that as a more urgent need than a back up LB or getting Thiago as another midfielder in an already bloated midfield (Fabinho, Hendo, Keita, Gini, AOC, Jones, Elliott, Shaq). 

9 hours ago, Adam said:

Looks on the face of it to be a good move for squad depth, since so many have talked about Liverpool needing better options behind the first XI.

I wonder how Jamal Lewis feels at the minute.

Hopefully he's feeling blue :shifty: