Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

United seemingly have a strong interest in David Brooks.

He was mentioned a month or two ago before the Sancho reports kept coming, then it died down. I'd happily take Brooks if we get Sancho as well, but if it's instead of him, that would be disappointing. 

That is such a woodward move 🙄

6 minutes ago, Jericode said:

David Alaba might be available as his contract talks are stalling. Would take him happily instead of overpaying for Chilwell.

I, too, would be happy with this.

Sancho to Brooks is such a downgrade plus Brooks missed a ton of this season due to injuries. If you can't get Sancho look for someone who offers much more of a creative outlet that Brooks does and isn't as much of an injury liability.

Federico Chiesa could be an excellent choice, though mitigated by his own injury issues. He's looking for a way out of Fiorentina a year after a move to Juve failed to materialise and fits into our tactics even better than Sancho would. Chiesa loves to play on the counter attack - about 50% of his career goes has come from counter-attacking situations.

Viktor Tsyhankov of Dynamo Kiev is a much more intriguing prospect for United than David Brooks - probably cheaper too, even with a lower price after Bournemouth's relegation. 12 months ago I'd have called him a creator primarily, but he's vastly improved his dribbling this season and 17 goals and 8 assists represents a really good return in 39 appearances.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

The fact he's comfortably shifted to CB helps. Doesn't he play in midfield for Austria, too? I seem to recall him playing there at some point.

He plays centre midfield for Austria and has played left side of midfield in his career too. He's probably my favourite player, can basically play anywhere at a high level and is still only 28. Would love to see him in the Premier League, doesn't matter where to!

3 hours ago, TCO said:

He plays centre midfield for Austria and has played left side of midfield in his career too. He's probably my favourite player, can basically play anywhere at a high level and is still only 28. Would love to see him in the Premier League, doesn't matter where to!

Alaba to Dyche's Burnalona

41 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Michael Keane to Barcelona trending.

If Koeman wants to sign all the underwhelming players he took to Everton that'd be great. I joked to my house mate about Barca signing Sigurdsson yesterday, maybe it isn't so far-fetched after all.

• Haha 2

Shelvey would be great in a world where there was a 20 yard box in the middle of the pitch where tackling was banned and every team played with six wingers.

• Like 4