Summer Transfer Window 2020

Lineker

10 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

I have a feeling Henderson will be back at Sheffield United next season. He's too good to be our no. 2 goalkeeper, and too good to get rid of, and I don't think DDG is going anywhere yet.

This.

I fully expect Henderson to be loaned back to Sheff Utd, and DDG to remain our number 1 for at least one more season.

Those who are thinking we can just "ship him to Real Madrid" didn't see how well Courtois did this season after a bit of an uncertain start. DDG would be warming their bench on current form.

• Like 2

I honestly can't see De Gea leaving in the summer. Where does he go? There isn't many big teams clamouring for a goalkeeper especially for the fee and wages you'd expect for a transfer re De Gea. 

I also can't see United letting go of a big prospect who could potentially be their goalkeeper for several years. I see United loaning him out again for a year tbh and De Gea getting another season

This is all bar Chelsea putting in a ridiculous bid for Henderson (here's where they go for a swerve and bid for De Gea) 

6 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I honestly can't see De Gea leaving in the summer. Where does he go? There isn't many big teams clamouring for a goalkeeper especially for the fee and wages you'd expect for a transfer re De Gea. 

I also can't see United letting go of a big prospect who could potentially be their goalkeeper for several years. I see United loaning him out again for a year tbh and De Gea getting another season

This is all bar Chelsea putting in a ridiculous bid for Henderson (here's where they go for a swerve and bid for De Gea) 

The only place I see DDG going is maybe back to Atletico if Jab Oblak goes. But if he goes (presumably to Chelsea) it is likely Kepa will be involved in a swap so that leaves DDG out again. So yeah, nowhere really for him to go at this stage.

7 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Oblak is probably the best GK in the world atm. He'd cost you far, far more than Kepa did.

His release clause is €120m. All things considered isn't that obscene and probably worth it.

Issue with him is wanting to leave Atletico.

Chelsea couldn't afford to spend 120 million on Oblak without Roman bankrolling the club more, which considering their whole thing for the past few years has been running the club in a sustainable matter, probably isn't happening.

Chelsea aren't having a 250 million transfer window without selling players for big money.

I think there are a couple of other Serie A clubs who’d need a replacement keeper before Szczesny (Roma, Inter because Handanović has to be old as balls now). 

I doubt there’s anyway Oblak is leaving Athleti. I doubt Chelsea can get Henderson since Man Utd probably want to keep him, but what about Matt Ryan or Nick Pope? They both had tremendous seasons. 

51 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Chelsea couldn't afford to spend 120 million on Oblak without Roman bankrolling the club more, which considering their whole thing for the past few years has been running the club in a sustainable matter, probably isn't happening.

Of course, for all we know, maybe the Man City result with CAS could prompt Roman to say "well, fuck it" and turn on the taps again...

17 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I think there are a couple of other Serie A clubs who’d need a replacement keeper before Szczesny (Roma, Inter because Handanović has to be old as balls now). 

I doubt there’s anyway Oblak is leaving Athleti. I doubt Chelsea can get Henderson since Man Utd probably want to keep him, but what about Matt Ryan or Nick Pope? They both had tremendous seasons. 

Always thought Mat Ryan was highly underrated

I doubt it. Chelsea's approach to backup keepers has been pretty consistent for a long time now (unusual Cech/Courtois transition aside). They'll go for short-term investment in super-experienced keepers that only stick around for a year or two. Honestly it's a good approach...provided your first-choice keeper doesn't shit the bed.

55 minutes ago, metalman said:

Bring back Mark Schwarzer 

He's always a guest analyst for Chelsea games broadcasts here... He looks kinda' rough. He was absolutely roasting the shit out of Kepa last night, too, it was almost cruel.