European Super League announced; collapses

Lineker

8 minutes ago, Colly said:

These club statements are cringeworthy. Just admit you were caught out and fuck off. 

The Arsenal one is slightly less shit because they apologised, but I love the understatement in Tottenham's “We should like to thank all those supporters who presented their considered opinions.”

• Haha 2

Get fucked FSG. No apology, no mention about the fans thoughts or all the shit you've caused. There's a lot of good people working for that club...you wanted to furlough a load of staff and did a U-turn. You wanted to trademark You'll Never Walk Alone, wanted to charge £77 for tickets and now this. You can fuck off. 

Nail on the head. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Arsenal are the only one I've seen so far actually outright say "we were wrong and we're sorry". It's still a despicable thing to go with and Kroenke needs to fuck off basically immediately but least they've all done the right thing in the end.

Noted apparently not an English club, Chelsea.

10 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

One good thing about this is I learn about more low-level clubs with *amazing* crests, like this one.

00asburyparkfc2-articleLarge.jpg?quality

Not enough Bam Bam Bigelow flames in that logo.

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

BBC reporting that the remaining 4 English clubs are out too.

Brexit never ends.

1 hour ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

They should upgrade from us and Arsenal to Rangers and Celtic.

I heard they do still need whipping boys. What's the chances smaller clubs start putting their names forward for an invite?

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

You clearly aren't paying attention. Spurs accepted originally, but they're out now like the rest.

Spurs are pretty huge. I mean smaller. You cheeky sausage.

On 19/04/2021 at 17:15, The Kraig said:

This is everything I hate about football (and sport/life in general). I selfishly want it to crash and burn in spectacular fashion, but for the sake of everyone affected, can we just pretend this never happened and move on.

Maybe they can compromise and find a way to create affiliate clubs for this new league without changing the existing clubs.

I was thinking if these scenarios played out like above, then maybe UEFA would consider a European pyramidal league system taking shape in the next few years. It would replace European competitions entirely. I know it sounds insane, but look at the English pyramid, it's complex but it works. People have a big club they support and a local club (usually). Maybe if Man United were hosting home games with Juventus, Bayern, Roma, etc and it being expensive to attend away games people might be more inclined to also support their local teams, like Wakefield, or Oldham, or Shrewsbury or whatever.

They could introduce a top Pan-Europe League, where instead of qualifying for European completions, a new upper league is created to enter. I'm petty sure I made an FM game like that back in the mid-2000s but never suspected it would be logical or feasible, and it would cause a lot of variable to factor in, like relegation spots in a particular country's top league if one of their clubs was relegated from the Pan-Euro league.

It would be doable and might appease greedy capitalist scumbags while also having most clubs playing regularly in their own countries. You could add additional tiers if the initial league works. I just don't see this happening unless FIFA is involved. They are too embedded, and are now being seen at the 'good' guys for whatever reason. Maybe it's something they should look into.