European Super League announced; collapses

Lineker

23 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Yeh the 12 clubs are meant to be meeting to discuss disbanding it. 

I hope no one forgives the owners of the teams for what they've done in initiating this. Football needs reforming in certain ways and UEFA/FIFA/The FA etc are not perfect but you need to reform for the better of the game as a whole not just to line your greedy pockets

I know it's probably legally impossible in Footie. But one 'good' thing that came from US franchises is that the NBA has forced owners to step down/sell the club in the past due to gross negligience... Granted, this was because Donald Sterling was a gigantic flaming racist, but still, makes you hope that the FIFA/UEFA can do something to jettison the likes of Florentino into the sun.

If not him, then I hope the Real Madrid fans come for his head and oust him. With the chairman voting in Spain, Laporta and Florentino aren't guaranteed of their cushy positions as much as the owners of the English clubs are safe.

1 minute ago, damshow said:

I wonder which of the Glazers, Kroenke, and FSG will be the first to cut their losses and sell their stake in their respective clubs.

Liverpool is a cornerstone of the portfolio is it not? And probably a huge part of Lebron joining FSG. I can’t imagine them cutting.

I think Arsenal fans will be in the streets like they won the quadruple if they get rid of Kronk

I've just speed read the last 35 replies and have done nothing but laugh at how it all panned out. This whole thing has turned out to be both utterly callous and hilarious, whilst in turn providing all football fans with the knowledge that, when put against a wall, we all want the same thing and will band together to fight injustice. And that's pretty cool.

• Like 1