General Movie Thread 2021

RPS

• 2 weeks later...

"Hey Jeepers Creepers is trending on Twitter"
*bunch of tweets about the movie*
"Reminder, the director is a sick disgusting pig!"

So I looked it up and it's way worse than I thoughtChild molestation convictions and shit. Jesus Christ.

5 hours ago, CLDY said:

So I looked it up and it's way worse than I thoughtChild molestation convictions and shit. Jesus Christ.

Yea, I used to enjoy those movies...then I found out about the child molestation

Zack Snyder's Army of the Dead got a solid B from AVClub. 

It’s at once his Aliens, his Ocean’s Eleven, and his Wild Bunch. One might call it his Suicide Squad, too, if that didn’t imply that the Man Of Steel director were still navigating a thunderously grim superhero universe of his own design, when he has in fact left it behind for one arguably just as indebted to the graphic component of graphic novels, just with a smaller helping of heavy-handed handwringing. This is a new kind of Snyder cut: fleet and almost breezy, even at a characteristically extended 2 1/2 hours.

In a way, this B-movie on an A budget gets closer to the values of George Romero, the godfather of zombie cinema, than Snyder’s actual, hyper-adrenalized remake of Romero’s masterpiece.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 18:29, CLDY said:

22 hours ago, Lint said:

Yea, I used to enjoy those movies...then I found out about the child molestation

Sad thing is, some of that was known before they made the second movie. Really ramps up the creep/eewwww factor on the underwear smelling scene in the first one, huh?

• Like 1

I watched that first 15 minutes clip of Army of the Dead. My one complaint is that it's got the same problem a lot of Zack Snyder films have, in that it's lit dark as fuck. I kept having to squint to try and figure out what's going on in some bits, especially in the first 5 minutes or so.

Other than that, the first 15 minutes basically tell the story of the zombie outbreak and walling off Vegas. I liked it well enough. Has me suitably interested in seeing the film.

Do you fancy Wizard of Oz? Maybe you prefer Scarface! Just watched the Matrix Trilogy? 

This is the general movie thread for you to discuss everything about movies! Feel free to discuss the latest, greatest and everything else as it pertains to movies .

On 18/05/2021 at 20:51, CLDY said:

I watched that first 15 minutes clip of Army of the Dead. My one complaint is that it's got the same problem a lot of Zack Snyder films have, in that it's lit dark as fuck. I kept having to squint to try and figure out what's going on in some bits, especially in the first 5 minutes or so.

Other than that, the first 15 minutes basically tell the story of the zombie outbreak and walling off Vegas. I liked it well enough. Has me suitably interested in seeing the film.

I just got done with it.  It was good but geez fuck its 2.5 hours long!  Seriously...

Spoiler

The entire side story with Geeta could've been cut and nothing would've been lost.  The fact that she dies off screen and is never mentioned again even confirms this

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...