The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

38 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Marco Silva is being offered €40m over two years to manage in Saudi Arabia.

It's because Tony Khan called them murderers. Saudi's trying to disrupt Fulham's season preparations. 

Classic FM tactics

• Haha 2

On 06/06/2023 at 04:39, Captain Kirk said:

I’ll donate £50 to an EWB chosen charity if he lasts the season.

GN7rdBbWEAAf6P2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

any good Australian wilderness conservation charities out there?

• Like 6

We now sit in the limbo of waiting for Clearlake to decide whether they're keeping or sacking Poch.

I basically expect them to make the worst possible decision available to them. So perhaps they'll sack Poch, go after RDZ or McKenna or whatever stupid idea they've got, fail to get him, and then install Winstanley as interim or some bollocks.

8 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

We now sit in the limbo of waiting for Clearlake to decide whether they're keeping or sacking Poch.

I basically expect them to make the worst possible decision available to them. So perhaps they'll sack Poch, go after RDZ or McKenna or whatever stupid idea they've got, fail to get him, and then install Winstanley as interim or some bollocks.

McKenna would be an absolutely wild appointment. 

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

The sensible decision would be to give Pochettino another season and then, presumably, don't renew or extend his contract as I believe it was set up with an option for. But yes, I fully agree that the worst possible option will be taken and not adequately followed through on.

• Like 1

He looks like a happy Nathan Jones (whose been to jail)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

The BBC is saying that Vincent Kompany is on the shortlist for the Bayern Munich job.

This is absolutely wild to me. Kompany is getting all this praise because he had Burnley playing "the right way" in the Premier League, even though it meant they were absolutely terrible all season, and never in any serious chance of surviving this season. Just madness.

I also very much hope McKenna stays at Ipswich. I know that they're going to have a very, very slim chance of survival next season given both their squad, how many of their best players were loan signings, and everything else that comes with a promoted side (especially one playing League One 12 months ago), but man it would just be so terrible to see him use this amazing feat as a springboard to a bigger club like Brighton or Chelsea.

I can understand why a manager would take the opportunity at a bigger job when presented to them, as players on promoted clubs will sometimes do. But man, it really sucks the fun out of it to see them leave the club in the dust immediately after the joy of a magical promotion. Supporters deserve better.