The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

QPR manager Michael Beale in October, turning down the Wolves job:

"Integrity is a real big thing for me + loyalty. If those are values you live by, you have to be strong. I’ve been all in here + I’ve asked others to be all in here so I can’t be the 1st person to run away from the ship"

Michael Beale in November, deletes his twitter account (lol) and becomes manager of Glasgow Rangers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, MadJack said:

"Integrity is a real big thing for me + loyalty. If those are values you live by, you have to be strong. I’ve been all in here + I’ve asked others to be all in here so I can’t be the 1st person to run away from the ship"

Michael Beale in November, deletes his twitter account (lol) and becomes manager of Glasgow Rangers.

Would have preferred Dyche.

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

I remember Sam Allardyce saying something similar as Bolton manager when he was linked with other jobs. It rankled a bit because he had left Notts County to join Bolton in the first place. I have no problem with someone wanting to move up in the world, but don't spout holier-than-thou nonsense and not expect to be reminded of it.

• Like 2

It's so easy to get out of this stuff by having the caveat of it taking a very special opportunity for you to look elsewhere. You won't just leave for more money or a bigger job but you will if it's something that seems "special". And I'd say going from QPR to Rangers is one of those special opportunities.

5 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I remember Sam Allardyce saying something similar as Bolton manager when he was linked with other jobs. It rankled a bit because he had left Notts County to join Bolton in the first place. I have no problem with someone wanting to move up in the world, but don't spout holier-than-thou nonsense and not expect to be reminded of it.

Stuart Pearce said it quite well too, managers get the boards backing one week and they're out a job the next.

• 1 month later...