The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

Just now, DavidMarrio said:

Ffs. Was looking forward to the shitshow the match on Tuesday was going to be. Now a new manager/temp in charge bounce is gonna happen against us now

Bruno Saltor will be interim for that game. I don't really expect a bounce... maybe a 'safer' line-up than Potter's randomness.

5 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Potter was definitely in over his head at Chelsea, but he also wasn't helped at all by having his owners sign every player possible like it's FIFA, or having the injuries they did.

Chelsea will probably do better under a new manager/interim, but they're still the most ludicrously lop sided shaped squad in probably the entirety of the sport.

I'm sure they'll sign a couple more attacking midfielders in summer to sort it out.

I will say, if Chelsea sacked Potter because they decided they could get Nagelsmann, whom in turn only became available because Tuchel took his job........... that's quite some juicy vengeance for Tuchel.

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I will say, if Chelsea sacked Potter because they decided they could get Nagelsmann, whom in turn only became available because Tuchel took his job........... that's quite some juicy vengeance for Tuchel.

I think that in a weird way though, it could be a great thing for both. Tuchel undoubtedly fits Bayern better than Chelsea. Nagelsmann, if given time and uses the Bayern experience to fix problems in his management style, could be great for Chelsea. I am biased though and have always really liked him. His Hoffenheim and Leipzig teams were really fun to watch.

I feel like Nagelsmann only having a week between losing his dream job and joining Chelsea would not be a good thing.

Graham Potter, and a bit lower down the rungs Nathan Jones I suppose, has probably set promising English managers back a decade this season.

Curious if Leicester try and make a play for Potter or if they try and go for a "relegation battle experienced" safe manager. 

I think Potter is too smart to go to Leicester. Leicester is pretty fucked financially right now. Makes no sense to go there when he can wait until the summer and have much better opportunities 

7 minutes ago, Colly said:

Timing must be near identical to Di Matteo's is it?

Yup.

Although in Lampard’s mind he’s probably just pretending Tuchel never won the UCL the year he got the sack and treating it like the same year. Like nothing ever happened!