WWE 2K23

FLiam

Moustache is spelled wrong ('mustashe') in Moustache Mountain's titantron, which is weird because their actual real life titantron is the same but it's spelled right in that. This is the most amount of times I've typed moustache in one message.

• Haha 3

I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot. Seems like the MyRise has a lot to do in it, and while MyGM is pretty barebones, it'd be fun to play with others.

Realising I've also now played 2K22 for just over half the amount of time I played 2K20. It's day one. I would be impressed, but I see that the last time I played 2K20 was October 28th 2019... which was a week after the game released.

• Like 1

I'm probably gonna cave and get this on Friday. I watched Pulse play two matches, Xavier Woods do Mysterio/Guerrero from Halloween Havoc, and DenkOps do a little bit of MyRISE and... goddamnit, I'm interested. Career mode doesn't seem completely fucking stupid and wacky like 2K20, and the concept of the combo strikes and shit doesn't rub me the wrong way as much as it did. Plus, Community Creations aren't locked behind a specific console (right?), and the whole "add a render for the match screen for your CAW" is honestly pretty awesome.

Someone explain MyFaction to me, since I haven't seen any YouTube videos on it, and I don't play sports games so this mode is lost on me.

5 minutes ago, tristy said:

I'm probably gonna cave and get this on Friday. I watched Pulse play two matches, Xavier Woods do Mysterio/Guerrero from Halloween Havoc, and DenkOps do a little bit of MyRISE and... goddamnit, I'm interested. Career mode doesn't seem completely fucking stupid and wacky like 2K20, and the concept of the combo strikes and shit doesn't rub me the wrong way as much as it did. Plus, Community Creations aren't locked behind a specific console (right?), and the whole "add a render for the match screen for your CAW" is honestly pretty awesome.

Someone explain MyFaction to me, since I haven't seen any YouTube videos on it, and I don't play sports games so this mode is lost on me.

1. Community Creations aren't locked to a specific console, no. You have to link a 2K account to the game in order to access cross-platform stuff, and the people putting them out need to do the same - but all the best creators are going to be doing it like that so it'll be fine.
  2. So with MyFaction you essentially choose a start pack of "cards" - between RAW, Smackdown, NXT and NXT UK. You'll end up getting some starter cards that are guaranteed (if you choose RAW for instance, you'll get AJ Styles and Charlotte) and then some other wrestlers along with a manager and some initial design elements.

You put together a team of 4 males and 4 females, create a logo with your initial design elements (which will just be the logo of whatever starter pack you choose) and then assign the manager which will buff certain stats and elements depending on who they are.

You play through different game modes... the one I looked at looked like of like the Towers mode from the last game, where you choose your difficulty and that'll deem the amount of rewards you can get, etc. There's another mode that is a 4 vs 4 thing, I think that's against the AI too - I haven't tried it yet. You keep working through it and you use the currency you get just from playing the game along with the rewards that you get from playing the mode to open more card packs.

The micro-transaction element looks like it can be avoided... outside of maybe the contracts part? Sometimes you get cards that give you boosts and other effects, but you need to have contract cards put onto a wrestler as well or you can't use them for the mode you're playing. They all come with some, but all card packs will likely come with +5 match contract cards or things along those lines.

• Thanks 1

The biggest complaint I saw about MyFaction (also from the guy linked earlier in the thread) is that the in game purchased are priced like the NBA game, yet the mode is completely offline. At least, it was when he played it.

I'm watching newlegacyINC play the Rey showcase and they've noticed that people use each others' moves. It's kinda funny to see Rey Mysterio do a bronco buster with an X-Pac taunt, or Kane doing the Broski Boot complete with taunt as well. 

EDIT: Ooh, there's a (Showcase spoiler)

Spoiler

bonus match in the Showcase once you finish it (if you did all the objectives in every match). 

• Confused 1

Try did do the Bronco Buster for a period of time at least, he even references it in the story mode - but I have picked up on at least one instance of that. I forget who I was playing as but I did a running big boot into the corner and one time they called it a Helluva Kick.

MyRise spoilers

Spoiler

So, I just completed a King of the Ring storyline, teaming with King Booker against King Corbin and Sheamus... why aren't King Booker and King Corbin unlockable/usable attires in the game? What's the point of making them and then keeping them locked behind MyRise???

9 minutes ago, Owen said:

MyRise spoilers

Hide contents

So, I just completed a King of the Ring storyline, teaming with King Booker against King Corbin and Sheamus... why aren't King Booker and King Corbin unlockable/usable attires in the game? What's the point of making them and then keeping them locked behind MyRise???

Aren't they unlockable though? My Supercharger didn't unlock anything from MyRise or the Showcase mode, I haven't dipped too deep into MyRise yet but I have seen one of those entrances outside of the mode.

I just found out, for instance, that this is a MyRise unlockable.

Spoiler

image.png

7 minutes ago, apsham said:

Aren't they unlockable though? My Supercharger didn't unlock anything from MyRise or the Showcase mode, I haven't dipped too deep into MyRise yet but I have seen one of those entrances outside of the mode.

I just found out, for instance, that this is a MyRise unlockable.

Reveal hidden contents

I haven't found any evidence of them actually being unlockable, anywhere I've looked, same with what's in the spoiler. I've read that that is a MyRise exclusive too. I completed the storyline and then... nothing. Tthey should unlock at the end of the storyline but they don't seem to at all. There are some unlockables in the mode (i.e. arenas from what I've seen), but otherwise, I've seen a couple characters that are MyRise storyline-exclusive, and once the storyline has completed, there's been nothing unlocked.

Another super minor thing is them letting the songs that are on the soundtrack be entrance songs finally. Having a selection of 8 or so songs that aren't generic or used by someone else is a good thing to have for created wrestlers, especially when one of them is Protect Ya Neck.

• Like 1