WWE 2K23

FLiam

There's a "Superstar Mode" within Universe that allows you to pick one wrestler and just participate in their matches/storylines, with the rest of the universe progressing around whatever decisions you make for that wrestler.

Sorta like a SD2/HCTP type of story that is endless (well technically HCTP was only a year but could be replayed endless times with stats/changes carrying over).

Could be cool in theory, but would require Universe to not be a broken mess.  Lots of luck with that.

• Like 5

I like the idea of that at the very least, that's neat.

I read Polygon's preview on the GM Mode and it doesn't sound that terrible. I know it's a me thing, but I always start up grand plans for Universe mode stuff and then with no guidance or structure it just kind of fizzles out for me, so the framing of the GM Mode - which was never really terribly open ended in the older games anyways - kind of makes it seem like something that I'd put my time into more.

• Like 2

To me that sounds like a restriction that didn't need to be there. I don't doubt this will be an improvement over the last release, but they'll re introduce things for 2K23 and call them new features. It's almost like Konami (and more specifically the PES team) are working on this.

Guys. Machine Gun Kelly is going to be a playable character in a future DLC. Because who wouldn’t want to pay extra money to play as Machine Gun Kelly?

Word is he doesn’t come with an actual machine gun. Apparently it’s like a nickname or something.

• Haha 1