FIFA 23

Dang117

I saw a Silver team with 3 chemistry in squad battles and went for it on Legendary. Surely by now this would be a simple 5-0?

7-6 after extra time said diferently. I spent the second half of extra time passing the ball across my back four to avoid any of the insane AI tricks happening, such as the penalty that went against me where I won the ball, or the 68 rated CB with 36 shooting scoring a top corner screamer from a corner played to the edge of the area.

Oh, and 36 year old John Ruddy made around 10 world-class saves to deny Shevchenko, Lukaku and Dybala.

Typically had the internet going dodgy on Friday/most of yesterday resulting in quite a high ping, so didn't fancy wasting my Champs token on laggy games. Did a full reset this morning and it's back as it should be. 

Decided to play some Rivals games as I needed 5 more wins to get my Div 5 rewards - except I won 5 straight matches to get the immediate Div 4 promotion. I'll take it.

• Like 3

On Saturday when I bought Marquez, I was down to under 2k coins.

Since then I managed to build them back up to over 130k by selling kits through the app. That gave me enough to buy Vini Jr, who is one of very few high value players that is currently a good amount cheaper on PC than console. So now I'm at the stage where the only real upgrades I'll be looking out for are TOTW versions of what I have/boosted La Liga players, or Icons. I sense once the Prime Icons come out, the lesser versions will drop significantly. 

Screenshot_20221101-170507_Companion.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't had much time to play so my rewards for this week will be nothing, I did get a Rivals game in last night but lost 2-1 so that doesn't even help me. 

I'm still struggling to create chances against better players, it's almost like people who know how to defend are good at the game.

• Like 1

Appreciate your team might be personal preference but I'd swap the following:

Willock in for Mount - The only real area Mount wins in is defending, which you don't really need on your CAM. He's faster  stronger, better in the air, and improves on all the key shooting and passing stats.

James in for Trippier - stronger, faster, better dribbling and crossing for use going forward.

Bellingham in for Phillips - his base card I think goes for around 5k but if you can get his in form for around 35k I'd do it, excellent all round card for either version.

OOP Hudson-Odoi in for Shaw - you can get him free fro objectives and he's a massive upgrade.

• Thanks 1

I was about to give up on FUT after losing three Squad Battles games in a row, with no hope of winning on Rivals, but I somehow won 6-1 against the strongest available team on World Class. I even checked to see if it had dropped me down to Professional without my knowledge but apparently not.

I miss the tournament event FIFA had a while ago (possibly Euro 2012 or 16?) where they had a mode that saw you play every team in Europe with you getting a random one of their players if you won. Nothing they've done for World Cups or Euros since has been as interesting as that.

• Like 1

It appears they've fixed the Squad Battles issues where you play the default EA teams over and over (Storm, Tornado etc). At least it seems that way after one refresh. They're all actual peoples teams and you even get some 65 rated ones in there. 

I've resorted to playing a few today as I already have my Rivals ones for the week, and the season ends on Thursday so I'll be getting packs for that too.

Internet has been dodgy again so Legendary battles are filling the void somewhat. It's easier to counter the AI bullshit now I have a decent team. 

• Like 1

From the handful of SB games I played yesterday, I packed Ruben Dias 88 from it. Better rewards than when I got Elite 1 during the first week of the game.

He's only 20-25k now despite his rating, but with all these special cards flying about already, there aren't many expensive standard gold cards left.

• Like 1