FIFA 23

Dang117

Keep seeing everyone's team and coins and just hitting envious. I'm holding my own but it's frustrating coming up against blatant credit card teams and holding my own only for TOTW Haaland to score 90th minute 

Screenshot_20221027-205235_Companion.jpg

• Like 1

I stupidly chose the untradeable rewards for Rivals, thankfully I didn't get anything that would have been a massive coin haul.

Division 6 is way too strong for me, I need to get relegated ASAP because getting crushed every game isn't something I want to be doing.

• Sad 1

Rewards were non existence for me this week as well but then completed marquee match ups and got Kroos. I've found base Haaland to be easy to defend against but you get matched against a OTW or TOTW Haaland and he just bullies you also the SBC Danjuma is this years Ben Yedder most frustrating player ive played against

• Like 1

Played 2 Rivals matches today as I'm not sure what time I'll get early next week, so I wanted to get to at least 3 wins to claim some rewards.

First guy had Van Basten and Van Persie. He seemed half decent but I won 4-0, and in game two, I was 2 down in 15mins but managed to get one back before HT, and rallied to win 5-2 and secure promotion to Div 5. Didn't even realise it was the promotion game as I have the sound relatively quiet so can't hear the commentators properly.

So the next time I play, I'm at 2/3 and 2/8 wins for the D5 rewards. From what I've read, D5 onwards is a bit of a sweat fest and I've kinda raced there given the amount of online games I've played. Enjoying it so far but I don't want to get to the stage of being annoyed every time I go on. I can lose 4-0 quite happily if I've just lost to a better player, but when it's to people searching for every exploit in the book it becomes tiresome.

• Like 1

I won a game in Div 6! It was incredibly lucky, but it was an opponent who preferred doing skill moves in the penalty area than shooting, so they got what they deserved.

I've done the SBC to get Dodo at RB, Lazzari had done nothing wrong but I felt like an upgrade was fun. The Chiesa SBC would be great but I don't need a right-footed right-winger.

• Like 2

I had a game the other day where my opponent scored very early and then just passed the ball around the back for the next 90 ‘minutes’.

Could not win the ball back for love nor money. But i was not giving him the satisfaction of quitting early. Made him see out the 90 minutes and then quit in time added on because also fuck him he wasn’t going a ‘clean’ win either.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm really enjoying the Eredivisie team I'm assembling, changing up from my normal line up ihas definitely helped. Finally ground out enough Friendly wins (how are friendlies harder than Rivals??) to get the striker from the squad foundations since I haven't had the time to get the Luuk de Jong Rulebreaker, so just need to do I think 14 rivals/squad battles with 6 wins to get the last two of those and then it's the grind for Dirk Kuyt.

Berghuis arriving in TOTW this week was a nice boost too.

Screenshot_20221029-152541_Companion.jpg

• Like 1

The thing with UT and the "meta" players people talk about, it definitely has an affect. 

I don't think I've improved at defending as such in the past week or two, but adding the likes of Rudiger and Alaba has helped massively with dealing with the better forwards in the game. 

I also spunked the rest of my coins on Rafael Marquez to play at DM too. He's supposedly a unit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

The thing with UT and the "meta" players people talk about, it definitely has an affect. 

I don't think I've improved at defending as such in the past week or two, but adding the likes of Rudiger and Alaba has helped massively with dealing with the better forwards in the game. 

I also spunked the rest of my coins on Rafael Marquez to play at DM too. He's supposedly a unit.

It's great when a decent defence, defensive midfield with tactics and how you play all come together and you start defending better. Playing career mode has helped me learn a lot of the way AI players tend to move which has helped in knowing how to look for patterns and where to play each defender and who to keep back and draw the player on to you.

Henderson and Rice are fantastic as a CDM for me. Still using Base Gold Phillips also. Prefer them with their physicality and movement with passing. Can easily cover the wing and center and just keep dropping back and making the opponents lose the ball or intercepting a pass or hitting a hefty tackle or nudge to stop the flow of play.

It has become really enjoyable to predict and try to map what people will do and if they make they age all mistake of just attacking attacking and moving every player the same or out of position. Those are the moment I delight in. The human error. Opens up to creative fun for attacks and moving the ball. I don't always run run run. I like to move slow and watch the players around me and judge. Play one two if needed. Keep possession. Back into players and go for an aerial ball if needed for a pass or to keep it. 

Got myself promoted to Div Six. Also completed my season progress, picked myself up a Storyline Brobbey just in case I want to do the Eredivisie objectives. Now I can stop doing the XP objectives and only do the ones that give me packs. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1