FIFA 23

Dang117

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

I'm not going mad am I - it's just the same Squad Battle teams over and over again? I swear I've had Griezmann come on as a sub about ten times by now.

This was my first take from seeing the squads/team names the first few weeks. Castle FC is one I played about 14 times. I swear when I played years ago, they refreshed a different XI and Club each time. Maybe it's a bug.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

This was my first take from seeing the squads/team names the first few weeks. Castle FC is one I played about 14 times. I swear when I played years ago, they refreshed a different XI and Club each time. Maybe it's a bug.

Funnily enough that's who I'm playing now. Storm FC seem to be the other constant.

They've just made a substitution, and you'll never guess who came on...

• Like 2

I have quickly realised that the rewards for playing online far outweigh anything you can get in Battles though. I know it's to be expected, but for those that prefer to mostly play games offline, it hampers them a bit.

For example, I only won 4/10 games in my FUT Champs Playoffs, yet the rewards were far better than for sinking 40 games into Battles. And when I come to use my FUT Champs token, even if I go 0/20, I'd still end up with a bunch of packs to open and a TOTW player pick.

• Like 1

I just wish the defenders felt less heavy to control at times. An attacker can dance around like the ball is glued to his feet, but by the time you get your cursor on one of them and attempt a block/tackle/jockey, he's either rapidly spun in another direction or passed it along to his next FIFA Street superstar. 

The amount of times they've done a skill move that has hit my defender in front of him, but then bounced in his direction anyway whilst I stumble out of the way is frustrating too.

I think I last played FIFA 18. At least in that one, the 2nd man press was effective as you could control and position your CBs whilst sending a DM/wing back to close down. Now they'll half run towards them but won't do anything.

I know goals = entertainment for most, but it's the reason you see a lot of ridiculously high scoring games between the very good players/pros. Everyone is good going forward and there's a limit to the amount you can do to stop it. If this wasn't the case there'd be a lot more tight affairs where a breakthrough is a struggle with defences on top.

• Like 1

It seems so easy to give away penalties on this years game with standing tackles if I've slide tackled someone and brought them down then fair enough but when I've got the ball and the player hasn't even gone down and are standing yet the penalty is given.

Urghhhh red picks were rubbish, some useless 83 and 84, but I got a Casemiro in one of the packs which is pretty sweet. I realised after the fact that the TOTW was rubbish and if I didn't get Neymar or Barella (who I already use the base card of so would have been ideal) or Kroos (who I already have the TOTW card for) it was gonna be bollocks.

Need to re-think my team I think. That or just chill out for a week and work on the squad foundation cards.

• Like 1

My Rivals have not been going good. Have had a few off game's at not timing passes at the best ability I could. After changing camera angles it felt better as I could see where space on the pitch began to open up.

Original Ronaldo battered me on Squad Battles. But did get some sellable cards and coins. Invested into owning mostly all the England Squad in Gold Cards now. Just need Kyle Walker and Trent. 

The transfer market confuses me so much. I spent the day refreshing every hour and selling 2 or 3 at a time, then at about 6pm it went nuts and everything I was selling went straight away, making me around 30k, and since then I haven't been able to buy anything for under 400 coins.

Is this SBC related?