The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

1 hour ago, Colly said:

It's not as if Alonso is shit either, I found it really weird.

I mean our second-choice in that position at the moment appears to be Saul so some depth when we're playing 2 games a week would be delightful. I just don't see why any player would agree to divert their career for it.

25mil is his release clause isn't it? I suppose you can argue that a players worth what a clubs willing to pay. 

He's not a bad player Wood. He's a big grock who can bully defenders and if it weakens a relegation rival whilst bolstering your thin attacking options given Wilson's injury records then why not. Fergie did it with Van Persie and it helped United win the league that year, why can't Wood help keep Newcastle up? Plus he's probably getting the last big contract of his career so it's a win/win for him. 

I think it's a decent signing for Newcastle. 

• Like 2

£20m seems a smidge steep for his age etc. However, as pointed out, its taking one of their relegation rivals' top players. Burnley are surely gonna have to spend that on taking a punt on a top Champ level striker to try and cover it off now.